Lesson 20: Never Bunk Off School With Your Best Friends Brother

(Dedicated to Dirusha because she guessed who 'That Certain Someone' is! Congrats!)

~~~~~~~

Lesson 20: Never Bunk Off School With Your Best Friends Brother

Soon we'd arrived at school. I gracefully leaped off the motorbike, while Derek watched me in amazement. Kidding, I stumbled and fell off the motorbike like a drunk person, then Derek laughed at me and offered me his hand.

I ignored and it stood up, dusting myself off, ignoring Derek's laughter. I started grumbling to myself.

"Cheer up, Amber! Don't be such a whiner," He said, slinging an arm over my shoulders. I blushed a bit, then pushed his arm away and crossed my arms. Derek must have seen I was angry, because he gave me a puppy dog look.

"I'm sorry Amber; will you forgive me if I buy you food?" He said. I shook my head.

"I only like cookie dough." I answered stubbornly, looking away from him. He laughed.

"Okay, I'll buy you cookie dough. Come on," He said, gesturing towards the motorbike. I think my eyes nearly fell out of their sockets when I realized what he was implying.

"You want me to bunk off school?! Are you mad?" I exclaimed, and he frowned at me, pouting.

I nearly pinched his cheeks then and there.

"Come on, it won't be the end of the world!" He replied, but I shook my head.

"I'm already late as it is, and what will my mum say?" I said and he rolled his eyes at me.

"Fine, I guess I'll have the cookie dough to myself..." He trailed off, starting to walk towards his motorbike. Oh, he was good.

In a split second I was already on the motorbike with a helmet on. He looked at me in awe, not believing what he was seeing.

"At least now I know what to get you for your birthday present," He muttered to himself and I laughed. He grinned at me, climbed onto the motorbike and we sped off.

But we didn't know a certain someone was watching us from the window...

******

(That Certain Someone's POV)

I watched in amazement as Derek and Amber sped off. So, Amber is going out with the Selena's brother? I thought, and smirked to myself. Just wait 'till Selena knows about this. I thought to myself.

Amber Woods, prepare to know what getting your loved one taken away from you really feels like.

*******

(Amber's POV)

I stuffed another spoon of cookie dough into my mouth, not wanting to stop. How could something taste so good yet be so bad for you?

Derek's chuckle brought me out of my thoughts. Did I...?

"Yes, you did say that at loud." He answers my unasked question, a I blush a bit. Why am I blushing so much today?!

"Because you're around me," He says, winking at me. I look at him in horror, I didn't...

"You talked out loud again. Honestly Amber, you make me laugh." He said, scooped another handful of Haribos and sprinkled them into his mouth. Yes, he shares the same love for candy as Selena.

"Nice to know." I said dryly, and shoved more cookie dough into my mouth. Derek's eyes twinkled a he looked at me with an amused expression.

I hated it when people watched me eat!