Chapter 19

My eyelid became heavy as I forced it to open, walking in the corridor became a challenge as I became really sleepy. I got my handkerchief as I covered my mouth to hide my yawn.

I haven't gotten much sleep yesterday because of the series of events. Father and uncle accepted Sehun's proposal and after that we decided to finish the dinner and part ways. I haven't gotten a wink of sleep because my mind wouldn't let me, I kept reminding myself if I forgot any events in the novel but no matter how much I try to, everything that happened yesterday didn't reflect on the novel.

I was never Sehun's fiance and we didn't create a company together.

I was about to take a turn to the clinic when I halted when I heard some familiar voices.

"Sehun, I really don't get it. I am also pretty, my parents are rich and I like you! Why are you not accepting my confession?!" A thin high pitched voiced echoed the corridor. My then sleepy self suddenly got some energy to take a peek.

I saw two girls, Casey and Livy, they are our new classmates. Casey, the one with straight hair and doll like features was the one shouting at him while Livy just quietly look at the two of them from afar, as if she was just there to be a support for Casey.

Sehun was facing in my direction as I saw his small eyes closed for a short moment and he looked at Casey. I couldn't see her reaction but her arms that were once crossed together against her chest fell to her side.

"I'm not interested."

"Can we just try it out for a week?" I almost coughed when I heard her good thing I didn't make any sound.

Wow, she's starting young!

"I told you, not interested." Sehun was gonna pass through them but when he was about to, Casey turned to him.

"Is it really true?" Now she is speaking softly seeing that Sehun is now just a few inches from her. Without turning or even giving her a glance, he replied.

"About what?"

My heart is almost at my throat now, I am basically eavesdropping and this is too much for me! What if I get caught?! I pulled myself back from peeking.

I could just walk back a few steps and then pretend that I'm just here to go to the clinic! I turned around and started to walk quietly.

"That you like Sejeong?" I barely got to hear her question, but I can still understand. It was quiet but my thumping heart made it difficult to hear. When I was a few meters away, I turned back again and prepared myself to walk in casually.

"Yes." My legs that started to move forward stopped in mid air, the thumping of my heart started to get stronger. I placed my foot down as my hand went to my chest.

"So...that's it."

"Now, can I go?"

Hearing Sehun's footsteps made me panic as I planned to turn around and run but my legs messed up! I tripped on myself that I fell to the ground, my knees dropped as my face was covered with a few strands of my hair.

"What was that?" Casey's voice resounded.

If I stand up now and run, he would get so suspicious! Heck, just seeing how I am here is enough for them to know what happened! The footsteps started to become faster, the next thing I knew his hands were already beside me as he helped me to stand up.

I stood up with his help and tucked some of the hair behind my ears.

"Sejeong-ah." I cleared my throat and stepped back, fixing my messed up hair. I couldn't look at him straight in his eyes after what I heard earlier. It felt like my throat is closed up due to the severe beating of my chest. This is bad.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" He came nearer. His hands went back to my hair as he tucked all of the strands behind my ear and cupped my face to face him. The warmth of his hand contrasted the coldness of my face, his eyes were filled with worries, just like how he looked at me whenever I get myself in trouble. He removed his hands on my cheeks and started to inspect my hands and legs for any scratch or bruise. When he bent down to check my legs, my face started to heat up and I took a step away from him.

"I'm fine." Was all I could say. He lift his head to me and slowly nodded. He stood up and took my hand, his fingers making warm traces over my palm. My eyes shifted back and forth from our hands and the ground.

"Okay, let's go to the clinic." He was about to pull me but I pulled him back, stopping him from walking.

"I'm okay Sehun." I reminded him resisting his grip. He showed a ghost smile and raised both his eyebrows. I saw the two girls at the back witnessing everything so I got even more conscious.

"I know you're not fine, I went to the nurse earlier and asked if you can rest here."

"Huh?" My eyebrows met as I can't connect the dots. He saw the confusion in my face so so he replied.

"You looked like you were really sleepy back in class, I don't want you to sleep in your desk, it could hurt your neck so I..." his other hand went to his nape and scratched it as he looked away. "Asked the nurse if you can take your rest here instead. She said it's okay, I was about to come and get you."

I was really sleepy earlier in class, even when miss Lyka was lecturing my head bobbed up and down as I try to maintain my balance. I tried every way to stay awake, I ate some chocolates, mint, pinched myself, slapped my cheeks frequently but I couldn't focus anymore. So I decided to sleep during lunch break, thinking it would get me back and running after some rest.

A warm comfortable feeling enveloped my chest. I didn't know that he left class early for this, for me. I wondered why after miss Lyka dismissed us he immediately stood up and ran.

"Fine." I agreed. He smiled seeing that I agreed and he pulled me.

We passed by the girls as their eyes were stuck on our hands, my cheeks started to feel hot as my hand got sweaty, I opened my hand and felt the sweat stick to Sehun's hand. I felt embarrassed so I tried to pull it away but sensing my actions he started to tighten the grip on my hands and tugged me softly beside him.

"My hand is sweating." I told him. He turned his head to me.

"I like this." Lifting our hands, he showed me our clasped hands as his thin lips formed a smile.

While walking to the clinic, with our hands together, My mind recalled what he said earlier to Casey.

He likes me.

My heart wanted to jump out of my chest, I'm not sure if he can feel the beating of my heart from my hands but if he did... I don't know what to do.

He likes me? The villainess? How is this possible? Why is it not going like how the novel intended?

A lot of questions filled my mind, it is now in chaos however one thing remained clear. I somehow, don't hate it.