Chapter 16-Sophie

I left the room transmitting to Keefe not to follow me. I had to talk to Fitz. The sleepover felt weird without him there too. I knocked on the door.

"What?" He growled from the other side. I creaked the door open and peaked my head in. Then I walked in. 

"Hi. Fitz listen. I know you're really upset, but you have to understand that we all are. What if this is the last time you ever get to see one of these people? What if the Neverseen gets one of us this time? That's why we are laughing and joking right now. Not because your dad is missing, but because it could be one of us next. You have to always forgive the people you care about and you can't stay mad for too long or something might happen and your last words would have been something you regret. I know first hand." I gulped, thinking of my human parents who I had argued with before I left. Fitz just looked at me. I went and sat beside him on the bed.

"I guess you're right. I should go apologise to everyone." He said. I nodded and we walked into the other room. 

"Hey guys, umm, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for acting like a jerk. I just-I was upset about dad and-"

"It's okay Fitz." Linh interupted.

"Yeah we forgive you." Dex added. Everyone else nodded and agreed. Biana got up and gave him a hug before going back to her spot beside Dex. We all set up our sleeping bags in a circle. I was beside Keefe, who was beside Fitz, beside Tam, beside Wylie, beside Linh, beside Bi, and I was in between Biana and Keefe. We all sat up and talked and reviewed some plans to pitch to Mr. Forkle tomorrow. I was leaning against Keefe and at some point I drifted off to sleep.

                               --------------------------------------------------------

I heard footsteps, so I bolted upright. It was about 1:00 am, and everyone was sleeping. I looked around and then I looked beside me and realised that Bi wasn't there. There was a note on her sleeping bag. With the Neverseen symbol. The note said:

Dear Moonlark,

As you can see, the stakes are getting higher. I advise you make the right choice and come tomorrow. 

-Gisela

Oh no. They had Biana too. Fitz was going to murder me. And Dex. Wait, Dex wasn't here either. Uh oh. I flipped the panic switch and the ring he had given to every one in the group. Of course I forgot that everyone would wake up from the vibrating, but I was worried. Everyone sat up groaning at asking who woke them up at 1:00 am. 

"Sorry!" I whispered. 

"Umm, where is Biana and Dex?" Linh asked a concerned look on her face. She looked me in the eyes and right away figured out what happened.

"There's a note." I whispered. I thought no one heard me. I was so very wrong. Fitz sucked in a sharp breath. 

"So what do we do now?" Keefe asked. I just stared at him.

"Well there is really only one choice." I confirmed. 

This would NOT end well.