𝕋𝕙𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕦𝕚𝕝, 𝕂𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕗 𝕄𝕚𝕣𝕜𝕨𝕠𝕠𝕕.

—➸—

Zaya walked through the battle field, every last orc had either fled or was dead

Zaya walked through the battle field, every last orc had either fled or was dead. Though there were many casualties of elves, dwarves and mortals too and she had done what she could to heal those who could be helped, along with ending any orc that still drew breath.

She had watched as Legolas looked upon Tauriel, who had held her beloved in her arms as blood seeped from the large wound from his chest.
As I walked into the clearly intimate moment she looked at me, tears in her eyes and a small cut on her face.
"Please... I beg you please I'll do anything to bring him back please..." she begged, her voice breaking with every plead. Zaya knelt down and wiped her tears, healing the little cut on her cheek.
"I'm sorry Tauriel... I can't control anything once they reach the barrier past death. But..." Zaya touched the skin of Kili forehead and felt the peace, he had not died in vain. "He is at peace now... and he loved you."

Tauriel wiped her tears before leaning down and kissing her dwarven love on the lips. The witch picked herself up and was met with Thranduil and Legolas having some sort of conversation. She felt the sorrow between them, an unattended conversation of the circumstances of Legolas' mother.

"I know your face." The king of Mirkwood had muttered before moving closer to her. He smiled a bit and laughed, a tear slipped from his eye and he took the witch into his embrace. Legolas was taken aback by such a tender moment that he had never once seen his father include himself in. Their embrace was one of old friends and comrades and couldn't be anymore.

Thranduil hadn't been reminded of his wife nor had he ever have wanted to until seeing the witch. He had seen her as a sister in arms, and in spite of her lack of compassion towards most elves, they had been close friends.
It had been long since had he laid eyes on her, and seeing her without her crown was a shock. Her pride of her coven never failed and she wore the circlet everywhere, it's crescent decoration and glittering jewels of starlight were a representation of all that the coven possessed in terms of riches, as little was known of their wealth in starlight gems. The crown had been made by the towns jeweller who had compiled the most qualitative gems from the mines and formed the crown to gift for the celebration of star fall. A shower of falling stars occurred every time on the same night per 1,000 years. It was a time where the power of the coven spawned an era of peace and prosperity.

Thranduil had trailed off in his mind as he looked at her in amazement.
"You're alive... all this time, I believed you to be dead." She smiled and looked over at Legolas who stood quietly, observing every moment they had spoke.

"It's been too long my friend." She said and smiled sadly, he thought of his wife. The day she had died in that godforsaken place and the feeling of his heart shattering in his chest. Zaya had tried to bring her back but it was too late. Knowing of the pain that can be caused from heartbreak to an elf who can only love once, she immediately worried for king. Elves had died in the past from heartbreak of the death of their love.

"I haven't seen you for thousands of years, what happened?... and where is your crown?" He asked with a little chuckle and her face fell.

She had 'lost' her famous crown.

Well more like hidden it to forget about her life before where her only friends and family killed themselves for her.

"It's lost and has no place on my head anymore... it's not like I have subjects anymore." She said and Legolas grew intrigued at the statement. He had no idea how her coven had come to be extinct, nor would he find it from her if he didn't gain some sort of trust.

"My son is leaving Mirkwood... I wish for you to accompany him on his travels. He needs someone to watch his back."
"Father-..." he planned to integrate the conversation but did not proceed.

"I think you need him too." The king said, looking upon the girl. Zaya hazed into the eyes of her old friend and saw that plea that she had only seen once before. When the body of his wife lie in his arms and he looked up at her, pleading for some remedy, even if he knew she was past helping.
She looked over the kings shoulder with much difficulty as the elves held the height that the rest of middle earth had been spared. She saw Legolas awaiting her answer, deciding not to temper with his mind to find out whether or not he had wanted her company.

"If Legolas would welcome me to join him in his quests, then I would be happy to... watch out for him. Though seeing the way he fought, makes me believe he needs no such thing." She smiled a little and Legolas' faces seemed to relax. He was glad he wouldn't fave his new adventuring alone, even if it was with a near stranger to him. However, he knew how hard his father was to trust anyone at all, and if he trusted this witch... Legolas did too.

She kissed the elven kings cheek and Legolas realised how she had shown such a softness with him. Thranduil was a hard headed man, rarely bought upon or overwhelmed with any sort of emotion, but seeing such a reminder of his love, he couldn't help but sink into himself. She was the spitting image of how she was before, an angel of starlight and the purity of the moon. Yet she had seen and experience things no one could've dream of, and soon...

All would be revealed.