Kalec

''Bring the flowers out to the wedding tent. Put the lilies up on the dais and lay the rose petals at the entrance.'' Katherine looked up at the glass staircase to see Izzy walking with two other shadowhunters behind her.

She knew that Izzy was doing what had to be done and she tried to be happy about it but couldn't.Not when the person Katherine loved was marrying someone else. She sighed and stood at the bottom  of the glass staircase as another lady shadowhunter walked up to Izzy with different colors of cloths in her hand  '

''Isabelle, which color do you want?'' the two walked down the staircase, Izzy noticed Katherine and gave her a sad smile but her face was void of any emotion as Izzy pulled her along ''It's for the curtains adorning the wedding tent.'' the Lightwood sister looked at them as they continued walking  towards the entrance of the Institute ''The cobalt blue.It's elegant, masculine...very Alec.''

Katherine snorted as the shadowhunter walked away ''Right.....masculine is so very Alec.'' Izzy looked at her ''Kate-I-'' ''It's fine,Iz.'' she gave her a smile, not showing her emotions ''You are doing what needs to be done.'' 

She saw Jace walking towards them with a stoic expression of his own ''How are we supposed to get any work done with all this going on?'' he walked past them and towards  the monitors. Katherine looked at Izzy in concern before they followed him ''We haven't had a wedding here in years.People are allowed to be excited.''

''We need to focus.'' Jace looked at Izzy before stopping in front of a monitor and Katherine placed her hands on her waist as she stood on his side. ''Have you narrowed down the list of warlocks more powerful that Magnus Bane?'' he folded his arms across his chest.

Izzy touched the monitor and the screen showed pictures of different warlocks ''I have got it down to 20.'' she stood in a similar posture to Katherine ''But it is gonna be hard to figure out which one cast that spell on Jocelyn.'' she looked at the two. Katherine sighed as she looked at the pictures of warlocks ''And going to take a lot of time.''

 Jace looked at Izzy ''I don't care how tough it is.'' his eyes then moved to Katherine ''Or how long it takes.We gotta find him.'' he looked back at the monitor ''Back at Renewick's I let Valentine go.I won't make that mistake again.'' he tilted his head between the two.

Katherine shared a look with Izzy at the coldness in his voice ''We gotta wake up Jocelyn in case she heard anything about his plan.'' ''Have either of you spoken to Alec?'' the older girl stiffened at the name and looked away ''No....and I plan on keeping it that away, you know that,Iz.''

Jace looked at her in sadness, both of them were broken, both had loved and both had lost ''He's probably busy what with wedding plans and all and I don't need to talk to anyone.Let's just stick to the mission ,okay?'' he walked away with a furious expression. 

Katherine watched him go away and looked at Izzy ''I'll be with him,Iz.I understand him, now more than ever.'' The Lightwood girl had seen the distant and cold look in Katherine and Jace and while her family broke into pieces....all she could do was stand and watch.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Katherine knocked on Jace's door and when he didn't open it, she sighed ''I swear to god Jace if you don't open the damn door I will blast it off and then leave you to explain to everyone how it happened.''

She smiled when the door opened and Jace stood face to face with her, an annoyed look on him ''What, Kate?'' Katherine looked at him and saw the look of pain in his eyes that she knew reflected in her's as well.

She held out her hand to him ''Walk with me.'' Jace stared at her hand for some seconds and  a smirk made way on his face as he offered her his arm. Katherine chuckled before lacing her arm through his ''Where to m'lady?''