part seven

hannah's pov

"you're an idiot for bringing her here," i heard a girls voice faintly say as i began to stir in my sleep. i slowly came out of my dazed state and blinked my eyes a few times. where the fuck am i?

"it was literally the only option we had ki!" i heard a familiar voice say, slightly louder this time as i began to regain my senses.

i attempted to turn over where i was lying down but only landed with a thud on the ground, the action completely waking me up this time. i looked around the room to see i was in some sort of bedroom, somewhere i'd certainly never been before. i started to panic as my eyes darted to different corners of the space, scanning all of my surroundings.

my heart was beating really fast and i could feel my chest tighten. i grabbed onto the night stand next to me and attempted to get up, only to feel like my whole body had been put through the ringer. i was sore absolutely everywhere.

that's when i saw the door handle turn and it opened to reveal a familiar tall blonde. he looked at me with wide eyes, silent.

i let out a breathe i didn't realize i'd been holding, relieved to see someone that i knew... or at least sort of knew.

"where the hell am i?" i spoke, my voice cracking with every word. i tried to swallow but my throat was incredibly dry.

he looked at me a few seconds longer before shaking his head quickly, getting himself out of some sort of trance. he grabbed a glass of water from the dresser and kneeled down next to me.

"uh my house," he spoke softly, "here drink this."

i grabbed the glass of water from his hand and began to relieve my thirst.

"what happened? why am i here," i questioned, panic evident in my voice.

"you uh- you kinda drowned and i-"he started, scratching the back of his neck.

"i what?!?" i yelped, my voice finally clear.

suddenly i heard shuffling outside the door and two seconds later a short tan girl and dark skinned boy shot into the room, both of their eyes wide.

"i told you she was gonna freak," the boy that had just entered muttered. the girl standing next to him was biting her lip and i could tell she was scanning my face.

jj mumbled something under his breathe and looked to his friends, i'm assuming for help. he then took a deep breathe and faced back to me.

"look i'll explain everything to you, here," he reached out his hand to me so i could get up from my position on the hardwood floor.

i sat on the bed and crossed my arms over my chest, suddenly feeling very self conscious of the three teens stares. that's when i realized i wasn't in a wetsuit but instead a pair of lounge shorts and a jumper. i don't know who's they belonged to.

jj ran a hand through his hair before beginning to explain the story, how they were about to surf the surge when they realized it was too dangerous but they saw me and continued to watch.

the other boy in the room began to explain how i wiped out pretty bad and after they didn't see me come up for a solid minute, they went in after me.

"jesus christ," i muttered under my breathe. "i-i don't know how to thank you guys."

"another blunt would do," jj smirked, trying to lighten the conversation. this earned him a smack on the arm from the girl that was by his side. she was really pretty, i wondered if she was his girlfriend.

"im kiara by the way," she said. "and that's pope," she gestured towards the other boy. i gave them a small smile and looked down at my hands that were clasped together on my lap.

i began to fiddle my fingers anxiously as the silence was the only thing that filled the air.

"well this isn't awkward at all," jj mumbled.

"look guys, i'm really sorry i caused you so much trouble and i really can't thank you enough for uh.. for saving my life but do you think one of you could take me home? its not that far i-" i said, suddenly being interrupted.

"can't do that princess," jj smirked, knowing the nickname bothered me.

"wha- why not?" i stared at them in confusion.

"well kook, i guess you've seem to forgotten that a hurricane is hitting our town as we speak. wouldn't put it past ya if you just didn't know at all, considering you were fucking surfing the surge," he stated.

"so im like.. stuck here?" i asked.

"yeah, we're not happy about it either," jj mumbled before turning around to walk back out the door.

not that i knew jj that much to begin with, but at least i knew him better then kiara and pope, who were now standing in awkward silence with me in the bedroom.

"well i guess i'll leave you two to some girl time," pope said, patting kiara on the back before swiftly making his exit.

"wait pope no wait," kiara said attempting to grab him but he shut the door in her face.

she slowly turned back around, a fake smile plastered on her face.

"sooooo," she said.

"uh can i ask you something?" i questioned.

"sure," she replied skeptically.

"um did you dress me or uh did one of the-" i began and was interrupted. these people really enjoyed interrupting me.

"oh god, no i changed you," she chuckled softly. "that's actually why they called me to come over. all 'we just saved a kooks life and have no clue what to do.'"

i laughed as she mocked the two boys. i was still in shock that i had drowned, that i literally would've died if it wasn't for them.

"jj doesn't seem to like you very much," kiara stated.

"uh yeah, i guess not, surprised he didn't just let me drown," i joked.

kiara only frowned at my words, "you're really lucky he was there."

i suddenly felt a blush creep onto my face. coming from a kook i realized that the joke i had made could have seemed insulting to jj; as if i was trying to be crude towards pogues, which was not my intention.

"i-yeah, i am," i quietly said.

"well i for one, am not here for the awkwardness, and even though i don't tolerate kooks, i do live on that side of the island," she said, making me feel comforted in an odd way.

"you're a kook?" i asked, shocked.

"no," she stated, "i'm a pogue at heart but i'm well off with money. very grateful for it but jj, pope and john b are all pogues and they're my best friends."

"john b?" i asked, the name wasn't familiar to me and i only saw three people in the room when i woke up.

"forget it, you can just join us when you're ready to come out, we'll be smoking blunts and drinking beers all night since we can't go outside anywhere right now," she said with a small smile and then exited the room.

what the hell had i gotten myself into.

-

hi everyone!! thank you so much for reading my story so far. i've written a lot of fan fiction before but this is the first one i've ever published.

please keep voting and i'll continue to post everyday! it keeps me motivated to write when i see that you guys are enjoying the story!