22| "If they die out there, it's nobody's fucking fault except your own."

The officers weren't completely sure that they believed my story. They said that since I have a criminal record and had possession of a firearm that I'm not a reliable source.

I was fucking there and I saw it with my own two eyes. I don't know how that's an unreliable source.

Ward has them wrapped around his little finger like a puppet. He showed up while Sarah was trying to talk to an officer and he was trying to take her away from them but she didn't let him. He stopped and asked her who killed Peterkin then if it wasn't John B. He knew that she'd have trouble ratting out her own brother for such a serious crime but she did it. She told them it was Rafe just like I did. Ward managed to get the main officer to speak to him in private but Sarah was kicking and screaming at them to not believe anything he says. I don't get how the authorities were seriously doubting Ward's own daughter snitching on him. Sarah is the golden girl of this island and never lied or got in trouble. Now she was sobbing and you could see how broken she had become. She refused to let him even touch her for a hug. She wanted nothing to do with him. It was obvious he did something wrong.

Ward argued that she wasn't mentally stable. That she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. He told them that she had been on medication for a few weeks and since she started hanging out with John B and the Pogues that she was changing and doing bad things. He said she skipped taking her pills and that she was brainwashed by John B since he was her boyfriend. He fed them lie after lie and they believed it. Sarah knew they were gonna believe him over her so she ran. She didn't want to have to go home with him and she needed to get to John B. I really don't want her to tell him I turned myself in or tell JJ. I don't want them to try and help or try get me out of here. They need to focus on saving John B.

I sat in the tent with the officers for hours. I wasn't allowed to leave and if I needed something I had to ask.

"Command, this is Shoupe at the suspect's residence. We just had a confirmed sighting. The suspect is currently headed North on Middle Road... In a Kildare County Sheriff's vehicle" I heard over the radio and I laughed in disbelief. John B is one crazy son of a bitch and I love it. An officer looked over at me with a glare and I dropped my smile and mumbled an apology.

I'm so proud to be apart of the family I'm in. Life has been insane since I met them but they're the best friends I've ever had.

"Suspect has just left station 26 in a small boat," someone said over the radio and I smiled. That boy really escaped.

Oh my god, he's a badass.

As it got later into the night and it was dark I saw them bringing in the other Pogues. I stood up from where I was sitting to move closer to them but an officer grabbed my arm.

"Let go asshole. I'm not gonna run" I said as I ripped my arm out of his grip and went over to the Pogues. They were sitting down in chairs while Shoupe was talking to another officer. JJ stood up as soon as he saw me and engulfed me in a hug. I laughed as he raised me off the ground and I pulled back to kiss him.

"Where you been?" I asked and he rolled his eyes as he set me back down. Shoupe ordered us to sit down again and we obliged. I sat next to JJ and he held my hand. I saw Pope holding Kie's hand and I smiled.

Exactly like I wanted to happen. Everyone in the group is dating each other.

That joy left my mind when I remembered that John B was out in the storm on a boat.

"Sit down. Don't move. We got a lot to talk about. Keep an eye on these kids" Shoupe said to us and the officers. we all nodded.

"Guys! The lights" I whispered to the Pogues. The Cut was finally getting its power back. The worst time to do it.

"So?" JJ asked and I pointed to the lighthouse. All the lights were turning on gradually and it was getting closer to the lighthouse. If John B wasn't completely away from the island yet than we'd see him in the lighthouse's light rays.

The lighthouse powered up and the spotlight slowly moved across the shore.

"That's them! There they are!" An officer screamed. The Phantom was barely a mile away from the shore and you could see John B and Sarah on it in plain sight.

The police boats zoomed away from the shore with its sirens on. John B was hanging over the back of The Phantom. It wasn't starting.

Finally, he shot to his feet and ran back to the front and headed away from the police boats quickly. There were seven going toward them in all directions.

They changed their path and started to head south, right into the storm. There's no way they'd survive that. Not in the Phantom.

The officers from the boats were talking over the radio to the other police.

"Hold your position, Captain. I got one more card I think I can play" the head officer said.

I furrowed my eyebrows as he brought Ward into the tent with him. I stood from my spot and ran over to where they made him sit down with the radio. Officers were grabbing at me but Shoupe told them to stop and I could go up there. He put my hands in handcuffs to be cautious and I hovered beside Ward, waiting to see what he was trying to do.

He brought the radio up to his face, "John B?" He spoke, "John B, I know you are there, son. I know you can hear me, and if you love my daughter like I think you love my daughter, then you will turn that boat around and come back. You are going into a storm you cannot survive."

He glanced back at me and I glared at him as I waited for him to continue what he was saying.

"John B, please, I will make it right. I promise you. Come back." He said and I scoffed.

"You're such a fucking liar, Ward. If they die out there in that storm it's nobody's fault except your own. I hope you fucking know that" I spat at him and he just ignored me.

"John B, I am begging you. Think of her and turn around." He reasoned.

The radio went silent as we waited to see if John B would reply. Part of me wants him to ignore it and focus on escaping but the other part of me wants him to come back so they don't die. Either way was going to end badly for us.

Then the radio crackled and John B's voice filled the atmosphere, "Ward Cameron, do you hear me?"