Chapter 17

The next morning Danny woke up and started getting ready for school. Dick wouldn't be going to school today. He was out of town on some National Scholars trip, or something like that. The night before, he had told Danny that he would be gone for the next three days. Danny had the sneaking suspicion that his trip wasn't exactly school-related...

He put on his shoes and went downstairs for breakfast. Ever since Bruce and Danny had their talk about his eating habits, Alfred has been letting him make whatever he wanted for breakfast. Danny grabbed an apple off the counter. That's all he would need until lunch.

He walked into the living room and turned on the tv. He still had a few minutes before Alfred took him to school. He flipped through channels until he landed on the news.

"It appears the junior Justice League has foiled another plan by Vandal Savage." The announcer said. So that's where Dick was. He watched as they showed footage of the Team. He saw Dick punching a guy in the face. Danny smirked; he was pretty good for a guy without superpowers. The camera then panned to a blonde girl wearing a green outfit and a boy with red hair wearing a yellow suit.

Danny looked at the girl closer, she kind of looked like Artemis... He couldn't be positive, but if she wasn't at school today that would strengthen his theory. And that guy... that could be Wally. He certainly had the right hair color...

"Master Danny, are you ready?" Alfred called.

"Coming," Danny called back. He turned off the tv and ran out of the room. He then got in the car and Alfred drove him to school.

~time skip~

As suspected, Artemis wasn't at school either. Unfortunately, neither was Barbara. She had been out all week with the flu. This left Danny to sit on his own during lunch.

"Hey!" he looked up and saw that Chad guy from a couple weeks ago. "Where did the other losers go? You scare them off?"

Danny glared at him, "Leave me alone." Danny continued eating his grapes.

Chad slammed his hand on the table. "How did you do that thing with your eyes?" he demanded. "That was freaky."

Danny just stared at him, "I don't know what you're talking about."

Chad glared at him, "I know you did something you freak!"

Danny shook his head, "You're delusional."

Chad was seething, "We'll see if you're so tuff after school..." he stormed off...

Danny sighed. Great, the first day on his own, and he's already made an enemy.

~time skip~

The rest of school went by normally. Danny was lonely without Artemis, but he managed. By the time school got out, he had completely forgotten about Chad. That is, until he was getting pushed to the ground in the hallway. Before he knew what was happening, he was grabbed from behind and dragged all of the way to the football field.

Danny glared at Chad's goons as they threw him to the ground. Chad smirked above him. "Not so tough now huh?" he gave him a kick to the ribs.

Danny wanted to fight back. He wanted to punch that guy in his smug face. But, if Bruce got a call from Chad's parents, saying that little Danny Fenton had beat up their kid, he would get suspicious. So, Danny let it happen. He could take it after all. Now, if one of his friends had been in his position, he wouldn't have hesitated breaking the guy's skull.

By the time Chad was finished with him, Danny's face was painted black and blue. Chad gave him one last kick to the chest before storming off.

Danny sighed as he weakly got to his feet. It was going to be real fun explaining this to Bruce and Alfred. Especially when the bruises would be gone by the morning. Oh well, he would think of something. For now, he just made his way to the front of the school where Alfred was waiting for him... 

(A/N - Hey guys. Thanks for reading! I recently made a Discord server for us to talk on, https://discord.gg/5P3C3zm come join if you want. :) Stay whelmed and go ghost!)