The House of the Lucky Gander

Once again, Scrooge was monologuing about the golden cricket, which was part of the reason we were going on this expedition. Yup, I was lucky enough to be included, as was Uncle Donald. I sat on the floor, next to Louie, who was looking out the window. I held on tightly to Louie's seat. Never been a fan of airplanes. I hate airplanes, being in high places. I am terrified of heights. Ugh, why did I ever agree to come on this trip?

"Wait, is that a neon hotdog?!" Louie exclaimed, as the others gathered around him. I thought he hated hotdogs.

"Yes, yes, the city of Macaw is very exciting to look at, but you'll only find empty distractions there," Scrooge rolled his eyes, as he approached an adjacent window. Right, we were making a pit stop in the city of Macaw. Which is cool, and all, but the only city I want to be in is Duckburg. And perhaps Tokyolk.

"I can't believe Uncle Gladstone is here!" Louie exclaimed. Oh, I can believe it.

"He's so charming," Huey stated.

"And funny!" Dewey added.

"He's a bit annoying, but I'm sure he means well," I commented.

"He's like the luckiest guy in the world," Louie continued. "Ugh, Uncle Donald, you must've had the best time growing up with him." Now that was funny. It wasn't hard to see that Gladstone and Donald did not get along very well. At least on Donald's part. They were practically opposites.

"He's the worst. Just the worst," Donald stated sourly.

"Now, Uncle Donald, he is your cousin," I pointed out.

"Gladstone Gander is a complete layabout. I don't know why we're responding to his call," Uncle Scrooge folded his arms.

"It was a call for help," Webby told him.

"You don't just ignore someone's call for help, even if they are... morally questionable," I defended.

"And like Uncle Donald says 'Family always helps family.'" Huey looked towards Donald.

"Why did I say that?" Uncle Donald asked himself. I rolled my eyes. That's debatable.

"Plus he's easily our coolest uncle," Louie said.

"Hey!" Donald exclaimed in defense.

"Sorry, coolest non-trillionaire uncle," Louie corrected.

Donald nodded, before realizing what he said, and returning to his sour mood.

"Eh, Uncle Gladstone may be cool, but Uncle Donald is my favorite," I defended. "Being cool isn't everything," I pointed out.

"Hey, c'mon, Uncle Donald is kinda cool," Huey offered.

Just then, Launchpad nosedived the plane, causing it to shake and Donald to panic. Although, I couldn't blame him too much, considering I was bordering on ripping the fabric on the seat with how tight I held onto it.

"We're all gonna die! I've wasted my life!" Donald shouted, putting a seatbelt on. And then the plane leveled out.

Everyone looked at Donald with deadpanned expressions, and he smiled sheepishly in response.

Launchpad flew the plane up to the docks, somehow, and landed the plane in the water. I'm not sure that physics would allow it, but, the plane is floating, so better than nothing.

Uncle Scrooge began directing Launchpad, and normally I would help him dock, but the group was leaving, so I followed them into a place called the "House of the Lucky Fortune." Gross.

"Is... Is this a casino? Is this, ahem, kid-friendly?" I questioned out loud, worrying about my brothers' eyes and their innocence.

Uncle Donald peeked into the place, before nodding and letting us in. We were met with an atmosphere that was practically screaming red and yellow. It was... unsettling. I felt a bit sick.