Pyrrha X Male General Education Reader

You sat in the stands of Goodwitch's combat class, reading a book while not really paying attention to your three teammates who were currently about to fight CRDL in a mock battle. You were the leader of your team, but in reality you did nothing while they guided themselves. Unfortunately, they weren't very good at what they had been accepted for and were currently losing while Cardin mocked them. You sighed at the display. If it wasn't poor Jaune getting bullied, it was you and your team. Erin, the other guy on your team, barely kept his guard up as he skidded back from a blow Dove gave him while poor Kelly was sent across the arena into Orea, knocking them onto their backs. Team CRDL laughed at the misfortune the three hunters-in-training were being put through while they struggled to stand again. Cardin started running his mouth again, trying to provoke them further.

Cardin: Little wonder Ozpin called you guys Team JOKE. You all don't even belong here. You couldn't be hunters if you tried!

Pyrrha, who sat next to you, tightened her grip slightly while looking at you. Nudging you slightly, she draws your attention.

Pyrrha: Aren't you going to help your team? At least defend them!

You shake your head, closing your book. You sigh and point at them.

Y/N: They are warriors. I am not. Sure, we're bad, but they can get better...

Just then, Cardin goes farther than anyone ever expected him to. So far that everyone froze.

Cardin: Erin, maybe you should go be a farmer while the girls do what their mothers did, spreading their legs to other men.

You stand up and leave quickly, which didn't go unnoticed by Team CRDL.

Sky: Look, even their leader knows its true! He's leaving!

Your teammates attack halfheartedly and furiously, but are easily repelled. Cardin lazily hits Erin and breaks his aura, sending him skidding away. Sky and Dove tag team and break Orea's aura too, knocking her down, while Russel bashed Kelly so hard she landed out of the arena. Everyone shakes their head at the expected outcome.

Goodwitch: Okay, everyone. Since everyone on Team Joke has had their aura depleted, the winner is...

Y/N: Wait!

Everyone turns to see you walk into the arena, pulling on gloves with jeans on, a leather jacket to match. You smile and stop walking, bracing yourself into an unusual fighting stance.

Y/N: I'm still at full aura. I'll fight too. It's about time I step up as leader.

Everyone starts muttering as Glynda recovers from her shock, your aura meter appearing up on the screen. She fixes her glasses and nods.

Glynda: Are you sure? You are only a General Education student after all. These people are training to be hunters that you want to fight.

Y/N: I wasn't planning on fighting. But my teammates are my friends, my family. If you disrespect them as badly as Team CRDL did, then I'll step in like I am now. I'm ready, Miss Goodwitch.

Goodwitch: Then Team CRDL versus Y/N L/N, the last remaining member of Team JOKE. Begin!

Cardin: Look at this, the weakling challenged us. We'll make this quick.

Dove rushes you, but before he can even start his attack you appear in front of him, slamming a fist into his gut while grabbing his weapon, kicking off him and disarming him. In the same motion, you throw it at Sky and stagger him. Cardin swings his mace at you, but you deflect it and headbutt him in the nose, making it fountain blood. You duck and dodge Russel before tripping him, bringing your knee up and smashing it into his face as he goes down. You stand straight while everyone else is in shock, all of Team CRDL especially confused as to what just happened.

Y/N: I may be a Gen Ed student, but I never said I couldn't fight. Now, let's take it up a notch. I'll use my semblance this time. Let's see how well you do against me now.

Cardin is the first to rush you again as he slams his mace into your side. However, instead of you in pain, Cardin reels back and clutches his side, his aura dropping into the red.

Glynda: And with that, Mr. Winchester is eliminated.

Y/N: My semblance is something I like to call Mirror. If I can see damage coming, my semblance can be activated and reflects the damage back to its source.

Dove attacks, and you simply duck, grabbing his leg and slamming him back and forth until his aura broke, his leg twisting at a horrible angle. He was obviously out, especially with his screams of pain. Russel backsteps, but you disappear from his field of view, reappearing behind him and kicking him in the side of the head, sending him flying into the arena wall and depleting his aura. You charge Sky, who does one last desperate attack. You deflect it and elbow him in the throat, dropping him.

Glynda: And with that, Team CRDL is out. The winner is Mr. L/N, and by extension, Team JOKE.

Everyone is silent as you smirk, looking at them.

Y/N: Hey everyone? The reason I don't fight is simple. It'd be too easy for my team to win. So one rule. Don't trash my team, or my friends. And don't piss me off. Now, Pyrrha, if you'd be so kind to meet me outside...

You leave the classroom, fiddling with your gloves as you wait for the spartan. You glance up as she leaves the room, slightly red faced as she approaches you.

Y/N: First off, I want to apologize for the display just now. That's why I don't get involved. When I do, I'm thorough. But now that I've apologized, know that what I said about my team goes for you too. Know that the time I've been here, I consider you a close friend.

Pyrrha: Apology accepted...Hey Y/N? About being close friends...

Y/N: You want advice on Jaune, right?

Pyrrha: No, he wants Weiss... but there is another guy I've been interested in for a while.

Y/N: Really? He must be really something.

Pyrrha: Yeah, and he didn't even know who I was at first either...

Y/N: Sounds perfect for you. So when will you ask him?

Pyrrha: I'm not sure. Whenever you're ready for a relationship, I suppose.

Y/N: He's really lucky then, I...wait, me? You're interested in me, a normal student, when you are this idol?

Pyrrha: Please don't make me say it again. It was hard enough to do the first time...

Y/N: Are you sure you want me?

Pyrrha nods and looks away, red faced. You sigh and walk closer to her. Taking a deep breath, you kiss her cheek and she all but breaks.

Y/N: Okay, Pyrrha. If you're really over Jaune, then I'd be proud to go out with you my spartan. Let's meet after school to go on a date, if you're okay with it.

Pyrrha: I'd be happy to. Now wish me luck, Nora's about to be hyped up at the fact you broke a leg. I guess I'll see you in about three hours.

Y/N: See you then.