December 26th 1984

*TRIGGER WARNING IF YOU DON'T LIKE NEEDLES*

No! No! No! I did not agree with this!"

"You said I could have anything I wanted,"

"Well I didn't think you'd want a fricking tattoo," Max backed away into the furthest part of the bed away from the needle that Valerie clutched in her hand.

"Come on it's just a little one,"

"Still permanent," the rest of the party stared at the two girls all just as shocked as Max except for Will who helped with the girls plan. The eight of them were all crowded in Elevens room while Hopper was at work.

Valerie etched closer to Max who's eyes widened even more. She gave the red head her puppy dog eyes and pouted knowing the girl couldn't resist her for long. Max tried to stand her ground but staring into Valerie's big brown eyes her face softened and she sighed in defeat.

"I'm pretty sure this is pear pressure cause you know I can't say no to you," Max rolled her eyes as Valerie jumped up happily a mischievous grin on her face.

"Will you got the sketch?" Nodding the boy pulled a piece of paper from his back pocket and handed to the eager girl. She unfolded it and showed the small sketches to Max.

There were only two, drawn neatly on the paper and we're extremely simple there was a small crescent Moon and a small sun. "I was thinking you get the sun and I get the moon how does that sound?" Max nodded still unsure but agreed seeing the pure excitement in the girls eyes.

"Is this gonna hurt?"

"Probably,"

They spent the next hour sterilizing the two needles they were gonna use wanting to be safe so they won't get infected and their parents won't kill them.

"Ready?" Max nodding nervously as the girl gently propped her foot on the table. Valerie gave the girl a look signaling if she could start Max nodded gripping the chair handle.

Valerie stared first dipping the needle in the ink she got for Christmas and then slowly sticking it in to her skin just enough to get the ink to stay but not enough for the girl to bleed. Surprising to Max it didn't hurt as much as she would have thought. Sure it did hurt a little but she had felt a lot worse. It took about an hour for the girl to finish and when she was done it didn't look as bad as Max would have thought. Just like the drawing it was just a circle with a bunch of lines coming out. It was on her heel so it was pretty easy to hide Valerie watched as the redhead stared at her work a smirk on her face.

"Told you you'd like it," Max rolled her eyes and chuckled

"Now it's your turn," Valerie's eyes widened and she stared at the other needle unsure.

"Um I say we just wait a little while,"

"Oh no you're not chickening out on me, we're doing this now," sighing in defeat the two swapped places and Max began to start

"You do know what you're doing right?"

"I watched you how hard could it be," Valerie's eyes widened but she nodded knowing she got herself into this.

For Valerie it took about an hour and a half just because she was being extremely difficult. Her's hurt a lot more and she instantly regretted the idea, but she knew she couldn't stop. Once it was done and the pain had stopped Valerie stared at it surprised it didn't look that bad.

"Are you sure you've never done this before," Max laughed and helped Valerie up. The two girls then walked back into El room and the party stared at their newly done tattoos in awe.

"Best mistake ever," Valerie whispered into Max's ear and they both burst into laughter.

{A/n: probably gonna do one more of these and then get into season 3}