8: Thanksgiving

Chapter 8: ThanksgivingApril

April

It was the night before Thanksgiving and April and her little girls were in the kitchen listening to some Disney tunes while making cupcakes. April was in charge of making the caramel cakes of course and since the family had grown she had to make additional cakes. So while April handled the cakes her mother, Mama Faye, Alaina, and Ebony were at her and Dave's second home getting a head start on Thanksgiving dinner. But right now she was enjoying time with her girls. She was feeling a lot better lately and less overwhelmed. Her routine had finally kicked in and she had finally sat her ass down. She had too because she was causing more harm than good to her mental. Ebony had even been coming through to kick it with her and help out if need be.

Honestly she would've been around anyway but since she was moving to LA and Bully wasn't home to interrupt her she had been going in when it came to getting work done so everything would be squared away and ready when it was time to move and transition. As far as still feeling off April still felt the same way yet she hadn't mentioned it to Dave yet but she planned to very soon. Most likely it would be over the weekend because she didn't want to ruin Thanksgiving whether he was home or not. It was even to the point that she had taken her gun out of their safe and placed it in an accessible place for her to reach yet far enough to keep out of the girl's sight and reach and keep them out of harm's way. At the end of the day their safety was important so she had to do her part when it came to having her gun out of the safe. She also had to let her father in the know so she definitely had to get it done soon. She'd probably have to arrange a meeting with him and her uncle so they would all be on the same page and alert.

"Momma, can I lick the bowl" Kairi looked up at her as she mixed the batter. April was making sure that she kept an eye on her because she was letting her make the cupcakes for Thanksgiving so she was making sure she didn't dip her little fingers into the batter. She had wanted to help April make the cakes but April figured she could make cupcakes and she could share them with the rest of the kids tomorrow.

"Yes you may but after we fill the cupcake wrappers" April answered.

"Yessss" she dragged excitedly as always. April chuckled and looked down at Charlie who was wide awake in her bouncy chair with Teddy on the floor by her side. "Grandpa and mama and nana and papa are gonna love these" she said talking about her grandparents.

"Yup and what did you make them with" April asked to see if she remembered what she had told her when they had first started making the cupcakes.

"Love" she beamed brightly.

"That's right my Love Bug's cupcakes are made with love" April smiled at her. "Did you choose which wrappers you want to use" she asked looking at the different wrappers they had on the table in front of them.

"Yes the rainbow ones" she pointed at.

"Sounds good to me" April said. "It's time to fill up the wrappers"