Chapter 21

Chapter 21- The Day After

You opened your eyes to see a white room

You opened your eyes to see a white room. You groaned as you sat up, and looked around to see Izuku, Todoroki, and Iida.
"(Y/N)! You're awake!" Izuku smiled. You nodded and looked at Iida, who was looking down shamefully.
"It's a miracle that we're alive," You anxiously looked around, you only had a bandaged arm and at the side of your neck.

"Ah, I see that you're all awake," you guys turn to see a small man and a hero and Ryukyu.
"Gran Torino!" Izuku said in surprised. Iida looked at the hero.
"Manual," you avoided your eyes at your mentor.
"Ryukyu...." She ran her hands through her hair and sighed.
"Why did you leave?" You whimpered slightly.

"I needed to help them, I sensed them in danger and I needed to save them, they were most likely going to die," you said looking at your lap. The three boys slightly panicked and reassured you that it wasn't your fault.
"Anyways, you boy have got me in trouble," Gran Torino said posting at Izuku.

"I-I'm s-sorry-" he gets cut off.
"But, you have a visitor," Up came in a tall..... dog?
"Hosu's chief of police, Kenji Tsuragamae,"

"You must be the UA students that took down the Hero Killer, woof," He said looking at you four.
'Woof?' You thought while nodding.
"Well, regarding the Hero Killer we arrested, he had some major injuries. Puncture lung, severe burns, and broken bones, he is recovering under strict guards woof." He explained.

"And since you are UA students I'm sure you're aware that quirks are becoming very common, and the police attached high importance to leadership and standards to make sure that no quirks are used as weapons, and the profession of 'heroes' came out to fill that gap, woof."

You didn't know what this meant until he continued.
"For one's use of power and force that can kill others easily, those actions that normally would be appropriate the denounce, to be accepted officially. And even against the Hero Killer, for uncertified people can cause injuries and for using their quirks without a license," the room grew tense at those words.

"So the four of you and your mentors will face strict punishments," your eyes widen at that. Punishment? But wait-
"That's not fair, if Iida didn't do anything, Native would've been killed. If Midoriya hadn't come, both would've been killed. If (Y/N) hadn't showed up, all of us would've died! No one realized that the Hero Killer had appeared, so are you saying that we follow the rules and watch people die?" Todoroki demanded.

You stared at in in shock. A tight feeling in your chest, he really did care about his classmates.
"Then are you saying that as long as it goes your way, it's okay to bend the rule, woof" you were getting a little frustrated.
"But isn't that a hero's job to save people?" You asked, silently clenching your fists. He shook his head and closed his eyes.

"That's why you're not fully a hero yet. What are you being taught by UA and Endeavor? Woof" Todoroki scowled and took a step closer.
"You mutt!" You grabbed his arm with your tail to stop him, which worked, he only glared at the chief.
"Hold it now, hear him out at the end," Gran Torino said.