Heads or Tails

Heads

The Midoriya house was quite somber compared to its normal racket and positive energy that [f/n] worked so hard to achieve. Hawks thought as much while he absentmindedly poured five cups of coffee from your giant coffee maker. He reached up to grab your serving tray from the top cabinet, a small smile coming to his face when he thought of how you would have to stand on your tiptoes to retrieve it. The smile fell as the seriousness of the situation waved back over him like a never ending ocean storm, and as he walked into your crowded living room his grip on the silver tray had tightened ever so slightly.

"Coffee's ready!" He chimed, setting the tray on the coffee table. Aizawa, Midnight, and All Might thanked him and grabbed a cup, the fatigue from the last two days wearing heavily on their shoulders.

"Why did we even agree to meet up here? Shouldn't we let her sleep?" Aizawa took a sip of his coffee and looked at Hawks with narrow eyes.

"What, don't look at me. I'm not the one who wanted all of us to meet up."

"He's right, this was on my account. Thanks for coming guys." Atsumi emerged from your bedroom, carefully and quietly closing the door behind him. He swiftly walked over to the group of heroes and took the last seat next to Hawks on the love seat, the couch holding the other three. Immediately afterwards Atsumi picked up the last mug of coffee and took a sip, his eyes and mouth souring with distaste at the bitterness. Hawks couldn't help but smile.

"To bitter for you? Want me to grab some creamer?"

"No, it's fine." He huffed, gently setting the mug back on the serving tray. "We have bigger things we need to discuss, and I'd rather get on with it." At his words, a wave of unease traversed through the heroes.

"Um, kid." Midnight started, offering him a small smile. "No offense, but I don't think it's the best idea for you to hear about this. Your mom, she..." Midnight looked to All Might for help, unable to properly formulate her thoughts.

"This is not going to be the happiest of conversations, young Midoriya, and seeing as how its about someone you care for so much, I think Midnight is trying to say-"

"This is why I had Hawks invite you all here instead of me." Atsumi interrupted with a frown, his golden eyes sharp as he looked around the room. "Because I knew you might not come. But I believe I have a right to know about what's gotten my mom into trouble. I'm the man of the house, and while she's recovering I'm responsible."

"Do you really think she wants you to dig through her secrets Atsumi?" Aizawa sat up from his seat and looked him straight in the eyes. "Do you think she would want you here? That she would want us to let you stay here while he discussed this?" Atsumi's hands clenched into fists from frustration.

"If I'm not allowed to be here because I love her, than why the hell are all of you here in the first place!" Both Hawks and All Might spat out their coffee at his words, the former coughing wildy while the latter brought his fist to rest over his mouth.

"Young Midoriya-"

"Atsumi-"

"No!" Atsumi interrupted with a yell, his golden eyes ablazed as he stared at Hawks intensely.

"I'm staying here. I'm 19 dammit, and I saw her. Before you blocked her with your wings, I-" His voice cracked with the beginning of a sob, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes. "I saw her completely soaked in blood, on the verge of unconsciousness. Tenko and Izuku didn't see, but I did. And dammit, I won't sit here and have you all treat me like I have no right to be here-" Hawks turned from his spot next to him and pulled the teen into a hug, his own caramel eyes glossy with unshed tears. His red wings engulfed Atsumi fully as they shielded him from the eyes of the other heroes, the soft feathers adding additional comfort as he cried onto his shoulder.