37

Name something weirder than seeing your parents in a frat

Name something weirder than seeing your parents in a frat. I'll wait.

This weekend it seems like everyone's family has come up so Q's frat decided to have all the parents for a daylong before the basketball game this afternoon. When I proposed the idea to my parents I expected them to laugh and say no especially since my younger brother is here. Everyone's parents are here with either their siblings or just the parents. My older sister Jamie is here and so is my younger brother Wyatt. Everyone is having an amazing time and while it is not your typical basketball pregame, it's pretty damn fun. Q's parents are also here and my mom and his mom are bonding over their love of wine. As for my dad and Q's dad, they are talking to Q and his frat brothers.

Talk about an interesting turn of events.

I can't stop laughing when I look to see my parents taking shots with everyone. We have currently taken three and I can tell my mom is feeling it. My dad seems to be feeling fine but he is always down to drink. Wyatt is currently my partner in a game of beer pong against a frat brother and his little brother. We are currently kicking their ass and now I am really wondering what he does in high school. Jamie is with Lacey taking pictures I'm pretty sure since she knows the deal with college. She goes to the University of New Hampshire and she's a junior there.

"Alright Little Miller, let's see what you got," Kevin, well I think that's his name, says crouching low in front of the table. He grabs his poor brother's arm and lowers him down too. "We gotta stress them out."

I bite my lip to resist laughing loudly at the look on this kid's face. He looks like he could not give less of a shit about what the hell is going on. This weekend is our second parents' weekend and today is a basketball game. I am pretty sure we are heading over to the arena soon. My mom and dad are sitting outside of the student section while I bring in Jamie and Wyatt. The kid next to Kevin inhales deeply before shooting at the cups in front of Jamie and me. He misses terribly and I catch the ball throwing my hands up in the air.

"Fuck yes! Sorry, Kevin, me and my bro are just that good," I say wrapping an arm around my embarrassed little brother. The kid chucks his jungle juice to the ground and adjusts his hat glaring at his little brother.

"My name is Carl," he says pointing his hat at me as Q comes up behind him. Q is laughing hysterically as Carl is saying swear words at his brother. I steer Jamie away from the scene and back to our parents. They are still standing at the outdoor bar and I tug my jean jacket a little further on my shoulders.

"You do realize that we play beer pong in high school," Wyatt comments looking back at the beer pong table. I hush him and put my hands over my ears.

"I do not need to know about your high school shenanigans," I tell him shaking my head at him. He rolls his eyes at me but takes a sip of the seltzer I gave him. My mom thinks that it's water because I put it in a red Solo cup but my dad knows. My mom is also drunk as hell right now. I watch as she takes yet another shot but this time with Tori and her mom.