• Open your Door •

Chapter twenty-six: Open your Door

I still remember the day of my coronation

I still remember the day of my coronation. The day I married the second Prince. The day I promised myself to him, and only him.

I was so happy back then. So young. So clueless. I thought once we married, once I tied myself to him, everything will go as I wanted it to.

I was selfish. But who can blame me? I've sacrificed enough just to be with the man I love. I was young and naive. I don't think about the consequences and responsibilities. I just want him. Only him.

I was dreaming of fairy tale. How foolish.

My foolish self thought that being a Queen is only about loving the King. But how wrong I was?
I lost my family.
I lost the only person that try to understand me.
I lost my brother.
Now I lost my crown. And my King.
What will I'll lose next?

The tears kept coming out of my tired eyes, no words form in my lips. I just sat there, staring at the space in my desk.
My Court Ladies are crying while they take everything, they too, will leave me to serve their new Queen.

A bitter laugh left my lips. Eyes turning to gaze at the flower on the vase. Consort Hui Bin send them to me, after I refused to see her.

Alstroemeria.
Why would she send flower to the person that never liked her? She should hate me. I did so many things against her. Why can't she just hate so I can live my life not regretting the day I turned my back on her!?
How will she be able to be a Queen with such soft mentality?!

Queen.

Another bitter laugh left my lips.

I never knew the true value of being a Queen not until I truly lose it.

The sound of the door creaking opened disrupted the silence, but I did not bother to look up and see who it was.
I just stared there, at nothing. Allowing the newcomer to have their seat across to me.

Another wave of silence. Silence that was deafening enough to cover the raging storm inside of me.

"Please don't be too harsh on yourself. This is not your fault." Said the familiar voice. My gaze slowly landing on Seokjin oraboni's form. His soft gaze lingering on my wreck one.

I feel so pathetic.

On that moment, I couldn't hold it all anymore. One sob followed by another, until they turn into sobs of pain and anger.

I felt my brother take the desk between us and envelop me in his embrace. His warmth somehow managing to calm me, but not enough to stop the war I have in my head.

I was just betrayed by the man I've always love.
Though I have an idea that something like this will happen, it's still surreal that the first person that actually betray me was the least person I've expected.
Jungkook may hate me for everything that happened in the past but I always put my trust that he will never betray me. But now I have just been proven wrong.

"Why?" I said. Voice weak and low. I am too exhausted to deal with everything. I feel so numb from all the pain. "Why did you..turn your back on me?"

Seokjin oraboni did not answered, but his arms around me tightened.

"Just trust in us." I heard his voice whispered, followed by a tender kiss on my temple.

We stayed like that for I don't know how long. Just him holding me tight, afraid of letting go. In the midst of the chaos in my palace, my court ladies crying while they bid their goodbyes, I just stay still in the arms of the person that I have fully trusted.

In the middle of the hazy time of my life, Seokjin oraboni was always there.

But how can I trust them when they've proven me multiple times how much they can go for power?

•••

"Your Majesty, all the preparation are done. The former Queen will soon leave for Jirisan mountain." Said his advisor from the outside of his room, the man could not enter the King's court because the young King do not want to allow anyone in since the trial was done.

Jungkook locked himself inside his room, refusing to face anyone.

He wiped a lone tear from his eyes before standing up, fixing his robe, and opening the wooden door of his chamber.

He needs to see her. Even for one last time.

Advisor Kim was shock to see the man, not the King he used to, but a broken kid. It was one of the times where the older was reminded that Jungkook is still young.

Kim Namjoon was too use to seeing the mighty man that he often forgot the broken kid behind that mask. He was so used seeing the younger play the role of the King without his emotion getting on the way, and now he's finally seeing the boy hidden on the depth of the King's form, and he's not ready for it.

"I wish to see the former Queen." The young King muttered, voice is not as demanding as it was.

And Namjoon Kim understands.

He bowed to his King before leading the way out of the palace.

So many things goes on inside his head as he make his way to the Eunwolgak, the palace that he gave to Hyun Ae, the palace that he now has to take back.

Jungkook have no idea how he'll face her after dethroning her like the merciless King that he is.
He have no idea how he'll face the woman that he just so cruelly betrayed.

But he wanted to see her before she leave. He needed to know how she's doing and make sure that she is well.

Jungkook is aware how painful his actions are, and how it will impact, not just the former Queen, but also the people around her.

But for once, even just for once, he wanted to be self-centered. Just for once, he wanted to be the same boy as he was before. The boy that refused to take the royal court. The boy that refused to be part of the monarch. The boy that only wants to be with the people he loves.

He's just a boy...

Jungkook steps halted when he saw all the things going on the former Queen's palace.

Court Ladies were crying as they carry the woman's things to the palanquin waiting for her. And the bigger palanquin was left open, waiting to be occupied.

Jungkook heaved a deep sigh before hurrying inside, the women bowing to him when he passed.

Sound of crying was the first thing he've heard, Hyun Ae's trusted people waiting just outside her door, all looking so solemn and tired.

Jungkook knows that he can't let Hyun Ae go on her own, and so he decided to let the former Queen's Sanggung to come with her on the mountains, while Jun Seok will remain on his side and Ji Seok to follow the former Queen as Jungkook's spy.

He can't let Hyun Ae leave without making sure that someone was there to protect the woman. He needs to put someone that will serve as his ears and eyes around the Queen.

Jun Seok bowed to him, while Ji Seok help the sanggung properly stand on her feet.

"How long has she been crying?" He asked the knight.

"Since we left the Court, Your Majesty." Answered Jun Seok. "Minister Kim has been with her all those time." The man added, feeling the need to tell the King what has been going on inside the former Queen's room.

Jungkook nod, turning to the door. His hand play on the knob, contemplating on wether to enter at that moment, or wait for the Minister to leave.

But he don't have much time anymore.
Out of all the time he must be skeptic, it shouldn't be now.

And so he opened the door.