Chapter 22

Carson^^

Carson's POV

"Are you ready to go?" Jay asked, leaning against the doorframe of my bathroom where I was finishing getting ready. I shakily nodded with a tight smile and let him pull me out of my room and downstairs. I asked him to drive me to my therapy appointment because I knew if I was the only one going right now I would probably not end up going, and I really wanted to get help; I just didn't think I would be able to do it by myself.

We passed pack members as we made our way to Jay's Jeep, and everyone seemed happy to see us together; nobody seemed to have any bad feelings towards the two of us being mates, which I wasn't expecting.

As we made our way to the therapist's office, there was a comfortable silence that fell over the car with the music playing in the background along with the occasional interruption from the GPS. Jay recognized that I was too immersed in my own thoughts to engage in a conversation, and I was okay to be left to my own thoughts for once; enough so that I didn't even realize how long we had been driving until Jay was parking at the office.

"I can come in if you would like, or I can stay out here? Either way is more than okay with me," Jay said, looking over at me with a reassuring smile on his face.

"Do you mind coming in? I just, I've never been here and," the rest went unsaid as he turned his car off and jumped out to come open my door.

The two of us made our way inside about 25 minutes before my actual appointment in order to fill out any necessary paperwork. Admittedly, I was dragging my feet more than needed in order to attempt to stall, but Jay continued to pull me along the entire way. He quietly opened the door to what I assumed was the therapist's office and ushered me inside and towards the reception desk.

"Hi, how may I help you today?" A sweet-looking girl with black hair and about a dozen piercings asked with a polite smile.

"Uh, h-hi? I have an appointment at uh 3, I'm kinda early, sorry" My voice was a bit breathy and my heart was racing as if I had just run a marathon.

"Oh, that's okay, I'm assuming you're new because I've don't recall seeing you before; what's your name, hun?" She asked while grabbing a clipboard and some papers.

"Carson Willis," Jay had a reassuring hand on my back that made me relax a bit more knowing I had someone here with me.

"Okay, I have you down here. Because it is your first time here, there's a bunch of paperwork for you to fill out. The papers are pretty basic things like age, address, etc. Then I'll give you an iPad to go through a few questionnaires just so Dr. Taylor can get a baseline of information from you and you can let her know why you're here. Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll just need your ID and insurance card or form of payment. Sound good? Whichever you finish first you can bring up and then do the other," I nodded, grabbing my wallet out and handing her my license and debit card before taking the clipboard and iPad from her had and turning around to find somewhere to seat.

Jay pushed me towards two empty seats away from the handful of other people scattered around the cozy office. I started filling out the papers with my basic information: name, age, address, marital status, any medical information, emergency contacts, etc. After I finished the physical work, Jay took it from me and brought it up to the receptionist before moving back to sit next to me.

The electronic work was more intimidating because it was the reason I was here, all put into some statements I had to rate on a scale of never experience to experience multiple times a day.

"Don't stress too much dollface, just be honest and it'll all be good. Okay?" Jay whispered in my ear before placing a kiss on the side of my head. Yeah, okay, it would all be okay.