Chapter 18

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THEY ARE ALL BY SHANNON MESSENGER FROM KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES.

----------
3RD PERSON
----------

After the eventful 2 days at Everglen, they all went back home and continued with their normal lives.

Sophie were greeted by a hug coming from her adoptive parents, and she was more than eager to share her experience for the past days.

Edaline baked a lot of pastries even if baking was not really up her alley, and decided to celebrate the day for Sophie's progress.

Sophie and Dex went to their 3 days worth of lunch detention, and they agreed that by the end of it, they'd rank their detentions from bad to worst.

Sophie believed that detention with Lady Cadence was the worst of all. Not only that she smells bad after the session, but the attention she gets after lunch is so bad she just wanted to run home and take a bath.

The worst thing is, it happened on the day she has her Telepathy session with Fitz. Tiergan said he didn't mind, and so did Fitz, but she's still worked up over that day, having a lifetime grudge over curdleroots and Lady Cadence's detention.

Dex, on the other hand, believed that Sir Astin's siren songs were the worst. Sophie said it wasn't that bad but Dex claimed that he can hear it even while he's sleeping, making him go crazy over it.

The other detention they had was with Lady Belva, but it was fine for both of them since they were paired up with each other. They only hated it because Lady Belva was obviously disappointed that her favorite ballroom partner wasn't in detention, AKA a certain disheveled blond haired elf.

They finally get to sit again on their table during lunch time and noticed that no one was still there. When they were about to start eating, trouble walked upon them.

"Oh my? I thought you would have been sent to Exillium by now, seeing that I didn't see you for three days." Stina mockingly said.

Behind her was Marella, whom she rememebered to be one of her first friends, but Sophie didn't care at all. In fact, it was like her presence was just to make Stina look more intimidating, nothing more, nothing less.

She continued eating and didn't even flinch when Stina slammed their table, making all eyes land on them. "What do you-" Dex was about to say when Sophie stopped him by placing one hand in front of him.

Sophie slowly stood up and faced Stina, convincing herself that the stares are nothing but her imagination.

There were whispers being passed on, and she was sure the news is going to be another front page by the next few minutes.

Stina didn't flinch either, instead she spoke "Aren't you ashamed of what happened?"

Sophie held her gaze on her and replied "Why would I be?" She raised an eyebrow on her, which made Stina more furious.

"Aren't you ashamed you let someone kiss you while you're flirting with other boys? Oh- don't use the friend and cognate card because it won't work on me."

"Again, why would I be ashamed?" Sophie stated in an obvious way. "I didn't let him, he forced it, there's a difference." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Besides, if you want some guys confessing their undying love for you then go change yourself. With that attitude and personality, you'd be glad someone would even consider asking you out. Let's go." Sophie said as she gathered her things and Dex followed her immediately, dropping some crumbs of the food he's eating.