Chapter 20: formal wear not required

Hours passed by. It is already 6 o'clock in the evening. 6 hours after Gideon left me. As promised Mr. Shades reheated all my meals much to my embarassment.

He tried to teach me how to use the microwave. He repeated all the instructions three times so I will not forget it. Confident that I can use this machine without killing myself I transfer my food in a metal bowl to reheat it. I think that metal conducts heat easily so my food will reheat faster than the plastic container. Right?

While I place the bowl inside the microwave Joe another guard passby and ask what I am doing.

"I am reheating my dinner"

He peered inside the microwave then comically his eyes widen. I've never seen someone walks from my living room to kitchen in two steps.

"Miss! Don't close the door!"

He reached my side and pushed me a little bit on the side and he opened the microwave and removed the bowl. He is transferring the food from the previous container while scolding me like a child.

"Are you trying to kill yourself? If you are that suicidal do it in another way! Do you want them to put on your death certificate 'dead due to stupidity'? Boss will kill us too even if we survive!" He reprimanded.

"I am not suicidal for your information. I am just trying to reheat my food as instructed by Mr. Shades!"

"Did he or did he not tell you that metals are not allowed inside this thing."

"He just told me untensils so it is fork and spoon he did not mention any bowls" I explained.

Hearing my explanation Joe mentioned many badwords that I can't even repeat because it is that bad.

While we are arguing we did not notice that Gideon and Mr. Shades was watching us.

"What is happening?"
Gideon approach us.

"Sir" Joe bowed to Gideon and step away to give him a space to stand on.

Gideon assessed the situation and he landed his gaze on me. He looked at me and raises his eyebrow for explanation.

I did not give him any. He faced Joe and That traitor spilled what happened.

In my amazement Gideon showed at least 2 emotions  amusement and frustration.

He looked at Mr. Shades for further explanation but Mr. Shades raises both his arm to show that he is not involved in this situation. Another traitor in my book.

Finally Gideon just sigh and ordered the two traitor to leave.

When we are alone Gideon guide me in to the living room and sat me on the sofa beside him.

He face towards me swipes his hair. He is really frustrated if he is doing that.

In a soft but firm voice he said
"Love. What you did a few minutes ago is dangerous. You can hurt or worse kill yourself. If you just press one button  the microwave might explode. Do you understand me?"

I nodded. I realize that I am really inept in technology department.

I bowed my head in embarassment. How many times this man saw me at my worst? This is not a good way to impress your crush. Even if I am not experienced in this field I know.

I heard him sigh and lift my face to face him.

"It's okay love. I know you are having a hard time grasping the concept of gadgets or technology in general but please be careful. If you have questions or doubt I am one call away even Jared is here just ask. Okay?"