Caregiver | Part 11

Yep. It was raining that night. And you were all ready to go back home. You didn't bring your umbrella because you forgot that the weather can be unpredictable sometimes, and so it happened that night.

You went outside, and to your relief it was just drizzling. You were confident that you can leave the cabin, and headed to the mansion because that's where the gateway was, as the only entrance to go in and out of the Kim's residence.

You hovered your hand above your head and you finally made your way to the mansion. But before you can reach the halfway, the drizzling now turned into a downpour. The sudden heavy rain had you retreated back to the cabin. You closed the door back and leaned against it. You haven't giving up yet as you're thinking of alternative ways to leave.

You decided to ask Taehyung for help. 'Wait. What am I thinking? He must be sleeping by now.' you thought, face palming to your stupidity. You took a look around the cabin, and you came up with a new idea again.

Change of plan, you went for a search for any umbrella at every corner of the place. To the possibility that you might found one, you already planned to borrow his umbrella just for you to be able to move along to the mansion, and drop it off there then inform his mother about it.

That was your plan. But it was ruined by your own carelessness when you accidentally hit something by your elbow and it created a loud noise echoed across the room. You were startled by the sharp loud noise that it almost gave you a heart attack. You looked around and saw a mini humidifier on the floor near where you stood. You immediately went over to pick it up, getting agitated with your own sloppiness.

The humidifier was broken thanks to you, but that's not what worried you the most. You were extremely worried that you might disrupted his beauty sleep and woke up to the suspicious sound. That's definitely the least thing you wanted to happen, but now you just face palmed to your careless mistake again.

But the heavy patter of the downpour might actually saved your situation. You can only hope that he didn't heard anything in the midst of the heavy rain.

You picked up the fragments of the mini humidifier and put them on the nightstand where it was originally placed on. You tried to switch it back on but it was completely broken down. You sighed to the deep guilt of your fault. You had no choice but to replace it with a new one but the exact same model and size of the mini humidifier despite how expensive it might cost.

To make things worse, you thought that Taehyung couldn't hear anything because of the heavy rain. You were wrong. The clicking sound of the door unlocking behind was loud enough for you to notice.

You slowly turned around, and there's Taehyung. He was in his pyjamas, and his long bangs were tied up exposing his forehead and refreshing eyes. You blinked several times, as you couldn't believe the rare image you saw in front of your eyes.

He looked ridiculously cute.

He looked around, and shocked to see you standing far in the darkness. He still didn't realised it was you. He mistook you as a burglar, so he took out a pocketknife he kept in his pocket and pointed it at you as he slowly moved forward.

"Who are you?? Show yourself!" He yelled, louder than the downpour. You went for the light switch to switch on the light and revealed yourself. You immediately walked back to where the broken mini humidifier just to block his view from seeing it.

"Taehyung, it's me." You said, with a gesture of calming him down. He gawked, clearly he couldn't believe to see you there. He put down the pocketknife while you exhaled in relief.

"Suyin? I thought you already left."

You nodded with a subtle laugh. "Yeah well, I was just gonna leave when the rain falls."