❝ He hurt you, didn't he? ❞

❝ He hurt you, didn't he? ❞—are promises made to be broken?

He hurt you, didn't he?
are promises made to be broken?

_________

"They went home, and Crong jumped straight onto his bed. 'Crong, you can't. You have to wash up before bed.' Said Pororo at his friend."

Jaehwa's voice softened as she reached the end of the paragraph, stealing a glance at the little boy who was now lying next to her. His heavy eyelids proved that he was already on his way to the dreamland, but when Jaehwa was about to move from the edge of the bed, the boy's eyes fluttered open in no matter of time.

Jaehwa sighed, knew that there's no way Hyun would let her go as easy as that.

"Pororo and Crong brush their teeth and wash their face. 'Crong, wasn't today really fun?'" Jaehwa adjusted her voice to match with Pororo's, Hyun's favourite cartoon character. It's been a part of her daily routine that she couldn't believe she hadn't accidentally spoken in her self-created Pororo voice whenever she picked up the book. ""Yes it was!" Crong said happily."

She had no idea how long she had been reading the bedtime story until a faint creak jolted her in a tad bit, didn't take much time to jerk her head towards the door of Hyun's room. Jeongguk had always wanted to create a baby's room, so when after adopted Hyun, the room that once became a place to store Jeongguk's filming equipment was turned into the little boy's. However, Hyun was used to have people sleeping next to him that it took a lot of effort to make him sleep on his own. Fortunately tonight Hyun decided to not act up and sleep in his room instead.

But Jaehwa was sure she would hear knocks on the door of her bedroom in the middle of the night later.

Jaehwa put the book in her hands aside as she greeted Jeongguk with a warm smile. He looked exhausted—she could tell that by looking at his facial expression—but Jeongguk always made sure to check on Hyun. Unlike Jaehwa who had a fixed working time, Jeongguk was the other way around. Sometimes he couldn't even go home when the filming took longer than expected.

"Is he asleep?" Jeongguk mouthed, still standing at the frame of the door. Jaehwa knew he did that because Hyun had a special 'sensor' when it comes to his father. In order to prevent the boy from waking up and begging to sleep with them, Jeongguk decided to check on him from afar.

She replied with a nod and got up from the bed, not forgetting to dim the light before she headed towards the room they shared together. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he unbuttoned his botton-up shirt, shrugging it off and threw it into the laundry basket. Jaehwa watched every of his action from the bed, didn't know why even small gestures of Jeon Jeongguk could catch her off guard.

"I miss Hyun." Jeongguk muttered but loud enough for Jaehwa to catch the words.

Jaehwa remained silent. Was she overacting if she said she was disappointed to hear that coming from Jeongguk almost every night?