6. What Are You In For

❂             ❂             ❂             ❂

I went over to Octavia who was with Bellamy. I cleaned her wound and made the best bandage I could. Bellamy watched me carefully, I wasn't sure whether it was because I was near Octavia or if he was trying to look at where I was bleeding from earlier.

            "What the hell was it?" Bellamy asks.

            "I don't know." She replied, wincing when I put the wet cloth on her wound, "The others said it looked like a giant snake. Right, Lacey?"

            "Sounds about right."

            "You could have been killed."

            "I would've been if Jasper and Lacey didn't jump in to pull me out." She says to him.

            "Is that why you're hurt?" He asks me.

            Octavia and I both nod. Octavia takes the cloth and cleans my wound for me. I whisper a 'thank you' to her. She smiles back at me. I stand up once she's done and Clarke and Wells come walking over along with Elliot, who's trailing behind them.

            "You guys leaving? I'm coming, too." Octavia said standing up.

            Bellamy stopped her, "No way. Not again."   

            "Your leg is just going to slow us down." I tell her.

            "And you're side isn't?"

            "I can walk can't I?"

            She grumbles something inaudible. I laugh at her and she can't help but smile at me.

            "Alright let's go." Elliot says.

            "Wait I still need something." I say.

            "What?"

            "Him." I point to Bellamy.

            Everyone around me furrows their brow, including Bellamy. I turn on my heel to face Bellamy. He's still watching me extremely carefully.

            "Lacey, what the hell are you doing?" Wells asks.

            "I hear you have a gun."

            He lifts up his shirt slightly to reveal the gun tucked into his pants. I smile to myself and start walking away.

            "Good. Follow me."

            "And why would I do that?"

            I sigh deeply turning back to face him, "Because you want all of them to follow you, and right now they're thinking only one of us is scared." I get in his face a little bit, not to intimidate him, just to prove my point.

            He stares down at me for a few moments before looking over his shoulder at Murphy.

             "Murphy. Come with me."

            I was in the front of the group with Elliot beside me. She had her jaw clenched, I knew she didn't care for Bellamy or Murphy being here, but it was necessary. Wells and Clarke both walk beside me for a few minutes.

            "Those guys aren't just bullies, Lacey, they're dangerous criminals." Wells says angrily next to me.

            "I'm counting on it, and don't forget who you're talking to, because I'm a dangerous criminal, probably the worst out of everyone here."