Chapter 5: I am now the Class' Mathematician

[Marcus POV]

I am now in front of my classmates. Looks like even if they have malice, they are anticipating on how I will talked about our subject. This is fine, we still have a remaining 1 hour till the next subject. 30 mins is enough to cover the basics and the remaining 30 minutes is enough for them to unwind their minds. It feels like I am now an instructor, I feel pumped up. I can do this! Think about it as a training in my future.

I smiled at my classmates, "Now the previous lesson is about arithmetic, right?" All of them nod their heads, "All of us are students so you can ease up. No instructions will judge your knowledge, if that is what you think. Can you tell me honestly guys? What are your questions on this lesson?"

One of them said, "Sometimes the first step on solving them is at the middle or last one? Why is that?"

Ohh... I nod at her sincere question. Looks like that mnemonic is not existed in this era. "Well, shall i teach you about PEMDAS?"

"..PEMDAS?" All of them simultaneously said with doubts on their voices. "Yes, PEMDAS; Parenthesis, Exponent, Multiplication, Division, Addition, Subtraction", I calmly said as I write the meaning of it.

"You see, Mathematics deals solving equations and you need to follow the steps in order to came up with the right answer. PEMDAS is a rule to simplify your equation". I turned to the person who asked the question, "To answer your question, shall I solve one equation from our quiz?". My classmates happily said yes and I taught them how to use PEMDAS. I can see from their faces that the some of the questions on their head are answered.

'How adorable. I wonder if I can be a professor, I can still those kind of innocent faces'. I thought to myself. One of my classmates raised his hand and said, "what if the last step contains subtraction and addition, or multiplication and division. What should I do first?". I looked at him and said, "Oh. Addition and subtraction as well as multiplication and division have the same priority, for that you just need to do the equation from left to right."

I solved the rest of the equation and some of them solved it first on their desk. Just as I calculated, the explanation was only 30 minutes. They still have 30 minutes to do whatever they want.

'I really like the feeling of teaching other people but I need to be Marcus'

"Now lowly peasants, are you less stupid than you are 30 minutes ago?", I smugly looked at them.

But all of them didn't mind my diss for them instead,
"Thank you Marcus! You are great help!!"
"Can you teach us also on the next topic?"
"Hey Marcus, can you continue? We still have 30 minutes"

What the fuck? "No can do, asshats. I have my own life, mind yours". Looks like all of them still remembered my nasty attitude so they got afraid of me because of what I said and they are now silently reading their notes and some of them are copying my lesson.

Little did I know, my classmates have different impression of me especially my seatmate, Skyler.