Chapter 63: Truth of The Past (1)

*unedited*

Nandini came out wearing the dress Manik gave her. She looked at herself, "Manik chooses the best" she thought smiling. "Manik chose you too Nandini", a tiny voice inside her head reasoned. Had Manik really choosen the best? "No! I am not the best. I am probably his only worst choice", this mind and heart battle always prove to be fruitful for her. "Dont you think he atleast deserves a face to face explanation?", Nandini wanted to do it from so long but was avoiding it all the while, "Think Nandini. Atleast tell him why are you leaving?", before Nandini could reason more her mobile buzzed with Aryaman's call.

She stared at the screen for time, trying to decide if she should pick it up or no. That same tiny voice in her head asked her to give it a shot and receive it. As soon as she received the call, that hurried call for help was heard, "Athena...".

Nandini's body stiffened as she heard this name. She was not prone to be called with this name. It is after nine years that someone has called her with this name. At first attempt she could not guess the reason behind this call, she knew something was wrong, really wrong. "Hmm...", she was able muster this much.

"Manik is in danger...", Hearing him, Nandini felt her heart stop. Her breaths became unstable yet instead of getting emotional, she acted intelligently and asked, "What happened?", if she becomes emotional or soft right now, Manik may be in grave danger. She needs to use her mind . She heard Aryaman sigh from the other end and saying, "Only you can stop it", Nandini's face showed lines of worry. She still didn't understand what had actually happened. All the clouds of doubts were cleared as soon as Aryaman uttered, "...its Hades".

Nandini's eyes widened hearing the name. If Hades was out for Manik no one can save him, leaving HER. Afterall Hades obeys only to Nandini. She looked at her watch, it was 4:36. Manik's concert was at 5. The stadium where it was supposed to happen is just 30 minute walk away. If she runs at a good speed she'll be able to make it on time.

Nandini geared herself up. She knew right now it was time to become Athena from Nandini. Right now Manik needed Athena to survive. She started running with prayers to reach on time.

~~~~

*Concert*

The level of energy that Manik have before going on the stage is always extreme. No one in the whole of bollywood yet was able to match his energy. It was also one of the things that his fans appreciated the most. He managed to transfer the same into them and earn their support. Today, probably for the first time, Manik Malhotra was quietly sitting backstage, lost in his own thoughts.

Aryaman's words instilled a sense of loss in him. He was still trying to figure out what happened that she left and that too without meeting him. He wasn't that bad a person or was he? He was doubting his own character which he knew he shouldn't. He had been taught to believe in himself, but the situation today was making him do the opposite. His eyes were stuck at his phone. They would sparkle with hope when a message popped in. Maybe it was Cabir saying they got her. That message never came.

Alya, Mukti and Navya saw this hopeless and lost Manik. It pained them in an indescribable way. They have seen him go through thick and thin but never in such state. His condition was worsening every passing moment. He used to wait to hop onto stage but at that time it felt as if he didn't even want to move from his place. When they couldn't take this Manik more the reverted their eyes except Navya.

She went towards Manik and bend down on her knees before him. Those invisible tears were now visible in his eyes making her eyes fill up too. "Manik...", Navya softly said, Manik humed in response. "Dont stay like this Manik. It pains to see you like this", Navya spoke coarse voice, "Cabir will find her Manik". Manik nodded but kept looking down. "Its time Manik", Navya informed him." Is it really this necessary to go?", Manik thought. Navya nodded as if reading his thoughts.

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें