Chapter 52

It's been a week now. I barely sleep properly because I keep getting nightmares. I don't usually see Arjun. I go to the hospital but I'm always sitting outside the room. I can't bear the sight. It just makes me feel so helpless and bad. I have even tried to divert my mind by working as much as possible.

It seems heartless but I can't do this. I can't be as strong as his parents who pretend that they're ok.

I know the moment I see him on the hospital bed, I'll start crying. I have tried avoiding everyone as well. My mother-in-law even  lectured me once and said that this isn't right, that I shouldn't behave like this, Arjun wouldn't want this. But I just turned a deaf ear. I couldn't do this. It was difficult for me. I couldn't even stay in the same room without tearing up because the memories were always so overwhelming.

It's been three days now since I've been sleeping at my office only. The doctors have informed mom and dad that Arjun has been making really good improvement and that in no time he will be out of coma.

These three days, I've heard the recording for over a 100 times, I've written a few letters to him as well. Today, I had to travel a few hours for a business meeting.

The media has called me heartless for acting like this but I turned a deaf ear to them as well. If only they knew what I went through. I avoided sleeping because I was scared of the nightmares. I'd be spacing out every now and then.

As I sat in the car, I was hit by the overwhelming feeling.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Roshan's P.O.V. (the night before Tanvi's meeting)

I stared at him. This wasn't like him. He would always be the joker, if he looked at my gloomy face, he would have laughed at me. Today I was staying over. Tanvi has stopped meeting him. She would stay outside but not see him. She said she felt helpless. Even sitting outside the room, she would tear up and cry silently.

She even stopped coming home. She told Sonia that it's too overwhelming for her to be in the same room and not cry. I understand that. If I was there in Tanvi's place, I would've done the same, maybe I would've even taken sleeping pills, so the days without Sonia would be blur.

I slept in the uncomfortable chair. Around 3:30 in the morning I heard some grunting. When I was wide awake, I realised that Arjun was slowly waking up. He blinked furiously adjusting to the room light and then stared blankly at me. I did the same.

"I get it I'm handsome but please give me some water", he croaked out. Oh how I missed his cockiness. I offered the water and helped him sit up. I then pressed the buzzer to alert the doctor.

"May I come in?", The doctor said.

"Yes sir", I said and stood on the side as the doctor checked Arjun.

"Well it seems like you're healing nicely"

"Well that all, just rest for now, we'll check further in the morning",the doctor said.

"Thank you doctor", Arjun said with a smile.

"Oh don't thank me, thank your wife, if it wasn't for your wife who donated the blood on time, god knows how we would've managed", the doctor said and left.

"What did he just say? I couldn't understand anything? Or maybe I heard stuff", Arjun said looking confused.

"Urmm... So the they that happened, you lost a lot of blood, now because your blood type is only shared by Tanvi and mom, Tanvi insisted that she'd donate the blood"