Chapter 8 ~ Brainwashed

Agent 8's (Mike's) P.O.V:

I was scared out of my mind when I heard the Octarian behind me say to bring the goggles. I don't want to revert to my past, I'm happy with my present, I'm happy here at the surface, I'm happy with Sarah.

I sensed another Octarian coming up from the shadows behind us, heard the rustling of the new goggles getting handed over to new hands, and tried to wriggle out of their grasp.

"Welcome back, 10008..."

"NO!" I yelled angrily, breaking free from their grasp and turning into my octopus form jumping forward. "MIKE!" Sarah yelled, with a more reassured , but still panicked, expression on her face, extending her hand out for me to grab on.

That's when a charger shot went off and got a direct hit on me.

The impact of the ink had sent me flying back to the same spot where the two Octarians were holding me down, as well as breaking my Hero Armor, so all I could see through my blurry eyes were the red sparks from the broken armor.

Everyone in the area suddenly felt strong gusts of wind and a loud motor running, making it hard to hear anything. I noticed that an Octarian helicopter was hovering over us and landing on top of a nearby building. To my surprise, more of them came in, nearly empty besides the pilot. "Getaway helicopters?" I thought to myself, before realizing that I had to get out of their grasps.

"...Come join us again, 10008..."

Those words bounced around in my already panicking brain, only making me feel worse.

"No. NO. NO! You can't do that to him!" Sarah yelled, crying over me. I tried resisting, jerking my head around so that they could miss on placing the goggles on my head. I was successful, before an extra Octarian held my head in place suddenly. My vision in front of me, seeing my best friends watching me in horror, as my view was slowly being blocked by the goggles nearing my eyes.

I'm sorry, everyone.

Agent 3's (Sarah's) P.O.V:

"No. Nonono. This- This can't be happening! We're losing Mike! I-I'm losing him...right in front of my eyes..."

I wanted to scream, cry, punch something, knock out or splat all of these Octarians around me, hug someone, to go over to Mike. But instead, all of these tense emotions were consumed by silent tears, watching Mike's tears stream slowly down his cheek as the goggles began to cover the majority of his crimson red eyes. Everything felt like it was in slow motion, and no one knew how to react. All we could do was watch losing my boyfriend and best friend right in front of my eyes.

He continued to resist, but the goggles finally locked on, Mike now silent. Everyone was looking in his direction, wondering what was going to happen next, and the suspense was killing me.

Slowly, he stood up as he supported himself on his knee. The Octarians around him had stepped back, watching him. The tears had dried and his facial expression was blank, now into a serious one. Deep down, I knew that, that wasn't the Mike we know. He turned his head sharply in our direction and picked up his roller.

"Inklings huh? Hasn't DJ Octavio order us to splat these inferior specimens?" He stared at me directly in the eyes. "It shouldn't be a problem, considering I've taken down one before.."

"B-Bastard!" Isabel yelled angrily, tears still flowing, before Jake held her back.

"We're not here for them. Out only order was to bring you back, 10008."

"Very well then, let's head back to Cephalon HQ."

The Octarians by his side walked ahead, as Mike followed them, his roller on the floor dragging. The chargers and other weaponed Octarians super jumped to any nearby helicopter, all waiting until Mike got on board. Sharply, once again, his head turned to look at us, an intimidating look on his face and eyes.

"The next time I see you, I won't hesitate to splat you."

The tone he had said those words sent goosebumps up my back, but that was no longer the Mike that we know now. The helicopters all left and flew off into the night sky, the loud sounds echoing.

None of us said anything afterwards, we didn't know if we should leave, or continue the mission. We didn't know what to say, what to think, what to feel or even what to do. So many things were said and done that it just felt too overwhelming.

I took a seat on the floor, my back leaning on one of the structures near me and dropped my weapon on the floor. Jake and Isabel sat across from me, and I watched Jake try to comfort Isabel as she cried in her squid form. However, Jake wasn't doing any better either. He was crying silently, but still doing his best to make her feel better.

I stared at them, tears burning in my eyes once again, thinking. If it wasn't Mike who was captured, I would want nothing but to be in his arms right now, and tell him that I love him. It's funny really, how Mike would've done the same thing. I could be crying about something tragic that happened to the both of us, but, even if he himself was crying, he would focus on me first. It hasn't even been a full five minutes and I already miss him.

Everyone stayed there, the only sound in the dark night being the sniffles and crying of us. If it wasn't that, it was silent.

Á̷̫g̸̮̿ẽ̸͖ṇ̸̐t̷̡̒ ̶͎̉8̷̥̒'̶̤́s̷̟͆ ̷̨̃(̵̞̏M̵̺̿í̸̼k̷̬͘é̴̯'̸̖͋s̵͍̿)̷͍̇ ̴̭̋P̸̼̌.̶̖̏O̵̧͋.̶̯̆V̸̞̉:̸̨͝

....