Chapter 51: Good

Short chapter bc school is stress

Be rad.

Love y'all ❤

<><><><><><><><>

Odia's POV:

The suitor reached for my hand, only to have me sharply retract it, "You're a very pretty girl..." The 17 year old told me as my 15 year old frame shifted in my seat. I remained silent, "So you're enrolled in Ouran?" I offered a nod, "Any cute guys?" He chuckled and I shrugged, "Cuter than me?"

This flirty banter has been going on for an hour now. Any other girl would've swooned into his arms, but the words were far too generic for my liking.

My mind wandered off to the group of boys that gave me a concussion a few days ago. Tamaki is pretty, but too full of himself. Honey and Mori are a package, and I've never been into polygamy.  The twins are too mischievous. Haruhi doesn't have the parts I require. Kyoya... is cute, but... uh, but... he's... probably heartless?

"Well, they sure are more interesting than you." I spoke sharply as the suitor twitched in irritation. I gave a condescending snicker, "Oh no, am I making you angry?" I crossed my arms, "Did I hurt your feewings?" My lips made a pout with my baby voice.

"Why do you keep acting like such a bitch?!" He slammed his fist on the table of the expensive restaurant, "Are you capable of respect?! Of course I'm angry!" He roared at me.

I tsked him and shook my head disapprovingly, "Temper, temper." I sighed, "You wanna know what makes me angry, Nico?" Leaning towards his face, I continued, "Having grown men to teenagers fight over me like I'm a walking piece of money and power." My voice grew louder, "It makes me angry to see people who are trying to marry my brother through me!" I began standing, "What pisses me off the most though, is how you pretend that you're interested in anything I say! I'm an intelligent female, not some prized doll to be handed off to like nothing!" I screamed as I began to walk, "And maybe I'll show some respect when I get treated as a person." I calmly added.

Kenji's POV: before the date

"The Shadow Queen? You want me to court her?" Nico asked me in disbelief

I sighed, "She's a little... stiff, but we need the Spiders on our side." I tried to explain.

"Why don't you do it? You have a thing for her!" Nico pointed out, earning a glare from me.

I wish I could say he was wrong, I've loved Odia ever since we were kids. Her personality was always bright, but when she went blind, she was broken, somber, and blunt. She's always been beautiful to me, but buisness took priority over infatuation, and I had to break her heart by abandoning her.

"I don't date." I pointed out.

"But she's a total bitch-"

"She's above you, speak respectfully." I snapped, "Araneae doesn't tolerate stupidity, especially from suitors, so try not to say generic things." I thought for a moment, "And if you touch her, you die." 

----

I watched my princess march out of the posh restaurant. Her face is a work of art I hadn't seen in two years, and she's only gotten more beautiful.

"Keep track of her." I spoke to my colleague, "I need to know everything."

Odia's POV:

My eyes remained closed, but my mind was conscious now from my nap. A steady heart beat was under my ear, and arms held me close.

"Kyoya?" I spoke quietly, refusing to open my eyes.

"Yes?" His voice sounded fairly awake.

"How long have I been out?"

"Maybe 20 minutes."

I sighed, wishing to sleep more, "How long did I cry?"

"A gut wrenching amount of time." I slowly opened my eyes as he softly stroked my hair.

"Why are you being so gentle?" I pondered, loving the feeling of my hair being played with.

"Because I'm going to make you happy." He sounded like a kid wishing to be an astronaut.

"This is a nice start." I pointed out as he gave a soft peck in my head.

"Good."