Chapter 8: The deal in Fencing class

[Marcus POV]

Two maids are in my room preparing my uniform and my bath. I thanked them and proceed to the bathroom. As I finished my bath, I asked Freed. "Freed, you heard the deal that Skyler told me right? What did I said to him?"

"I heard that loud and clear, young master. Young master said that if Prince Skyler beat half of your male classmates then he will win."

"Good. You will be my witness if something goes wrong". I smiled at him and we went to dining area.

My Father asked about my school life. Well I didn't punched nor fought someone. My mother is really glad about the great news. Looks like a day without problem in my school is huge deal for them. They hugged me tightly and said about stuff like making friends, good memories and other things that a high schools should have.

I can't do that mother, my classmates are afraid of me and I don't even care if they treat me as an enemy.

---------

When I entered the class, I took a glance at those two people; George Northcott and Regine Wood. It seems that they have their own friends. If I just slip in the middle of their conversation, they might get weirded out. I mean, the school started about a month ago and I am gonna start befriending them? Isn't a little bit late?

"Hey Marcus~" I looked where the owner of the voice was, "Do you want to be my practice mate later? Skyler is a tough opponent I tell you"

"Why? I think I don't lack the ability to beat him,Rick." I spouted, "I'll win our bet no matter what."

He looks a little dejected. But after a few seconds,he returns to his elated self.

"Then, how about taking a lunch with us? We can talk about how to win a match"

"Mr.Williams, I have to take care of my affairs. You are bothering me a little bit", I said to him.

"I just wanted to be your friend", he spoke, his voice is full of sadness. I don't think there is any gain to be my friend. Then why?

Before I could answer him, our instructor came in and we return to our desks. Is it safe to assume that these people can be my friend? Is it fine if I can slip from my act for a while and talk to them about my doubts? I don't think it will work. They are just trying to get back at me, for all my prejudice and assault. Even if I helped them once, my bad impression will never change. The only thing that I can do is to find the culprit that will cause many crimes here and the reason for my demise

As long as I can't find the main boss of this novel, I cannot falter. I will find a way to survive this, finding people that I can trust can come later. There is a lot on my plate right now, I don't know where should I start.

"Are you ready for our match later?", the voice took me by surprise. "Prepare a lot of handkerchief with you, you need them to wipe your tears  later."

I think I know where should I start

"Indeed, you might need them later". I smiled, "Prince Skyler".