2

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory." – Dr. Seuss

Xander's pov

(His house above)

Being rich doesn't necessarily mean being happy.

Being a son of a powerful business man wasn't as easy as it seemed to be. The position came with its expectations, pressure, stress, and challenging yourself to prove your worth all the time.

My father Robert Clain is a well known billionaire, our family was famous for its long chains of hotels, restaurants all around the globe. He is great at doing the only thing he seems to care about which is earning money.

To have what we have, i lost both of my parents, I feel like I don't even know my father as he is mostly away on business trips. Money is all he seems to care about.

My mother was Emily clain, She was a famous interior designer but she died because of lung cancer when I was 5.

Don't get me wrong, I know that he is a good man by heart and still loves my mother and me a lot, but he forgets the fact that people require attention, care and time from loved ones. He is one of those who wanted to accomplish as much as he possibly can for which he works day and night.

I don't know about his father side to be honest, the only fatherly duty he does is providing me with cash.
With him becoming old, and me becoming an adult he started fearing that I won't be able to handle this business. For some reason he never had or has any faith or confidence in me. For him I am just a spoilt child who doesn't know anything, and hence will bring the business down with myself.

He doesn't know how much his lack of confidence effects me, I try to do everything for him, I live the way he wants me too, I am the best at football and all other sports, I am famous at my high school, I participate in extra curricular stuff for him, I do it all to make him proud of me but he never is.

He fails to understand that I am not like him, neither I can be like him. I have different interests, I like to have a normal life with my friends and not be obsessed with business all the time.

Friends, both Cole and Jacob are like brothers to me, we are best of friends since we were small, because our families are also close. Which also meant that they faced the same problems at home which I did and seemed to understand it.

Cole's father is also a business tycoon, and his mother is a brilliant chef. Cole seems a bit rude to those who don't know him, but that's only because it takes him time to trust people.

Jacob whereas is the most social one among us. His father has his own mobile company and also produces other technologically advanced things. He is also the kindest among us, as he always respected others and thought about there feelings way more than we ever did. He didn't like using girls just for distraction purposes whereas me and Cole didn't mind having some attention on ourselves.

The three of us are great at everything, except studying. That is something which we aren't  good at, we don't have that level of concentration when it comes to reading books.

And that is a big problem for us , because in order to prove our worth to our parents we need to have good grades.

——————————