» 41

After everything had been cleaned and sorted, the two left the nurses office, an awkward silence consuming them both.

Hyuna spoke not a single word and this made Jaemin freeze in his tracks, the girl stopping shortly after.

"You don't have to be awkward, love," he said reassuringly, taking a few steps forward to be closer to the girl.

Hyuna sighed, looking down at her feet and kicking the ground softly, "I know, I know- sorry."

Her response had made Jaemin laugh, making Hyunas cheek flush a light red again. "I'm sorry," he said, apologising for laughing and calming himself down. "You're just so cute."

His words made Hyuna flick her head up at him, eyes wide in shock, "huh? C-cute?"

The boy let out a hum and nodded his head, placing his hands inside the pockets of his hoodie.
"You get flustered so easily, it's cute."

"Oh." Hyuna said as she looked back down, cheeks still a prominent red.

"But hey, I think my little hermit crab is slowly coming out of her shell."

Hyuna once again looked up at him in confusion, "hermit crab?" She feigned offence at his nickname, and resembling her to the little creature.

Scoffing, she lightly pushed the boy, walking off down the hallway as the boy now jogged after her.

When he caught up to her, he playfully nudged the girl with his shoulder, "hey, I have an idea."

Hyuna looked up to him, watching as he took a few steps forward and turning around, so he was now walking backwards but in front of the girl.

"How about we do something Saturday."

"Like what?"

"Uh-ah no questions, it's a surprise. So, are you in?"

The girls eyebrows furrowed in confusion, mystery lapping at the words he said as he continued walking backwards, not even bothering to check behind him.

His eyebrows now raised, waiting for an answer. "So?"

"Um." She hummed as she remembered that her plans with Myunghee were no longer, so she would in fact be free.
"You know what, fuck it, sure."

A genial smile captured Jaemins face as he started to walk with a bounce in his step in excitement, making sure to turn around again so he was now besides the girl.

Clearing his throat and calming himself down, he replaced his happy demeanour with a chill, laid back one. "Yeah that seems cool."

Hyuna only rolled her eyes, shaking her head as she let out a small chuckle, "you're such a dork."