CH.62 Deal with the Devil

Chapter 62

Owen pushed Heyder down to his knees in front of Mavi as he kept the iron rod pressed against the jinn. Heyder hissed as the uncomfortable sensation started to wear through his clothes.

With ragged breaths Mavi looked up at Owen.

"Are you okay?" He asked her.

She nodded as tears began to rise in her eyes. She watched as Adam, Exton, and Gemma rushed into the throne room from behind Owen. In front of her Heyder stared up at her with his intense dark eyes, willing her to look at him, but she didn't dare.

"We trusted you," Gemma spit out once she was in front of Heyder. Her words made the corner of his mouth curl up into a wicked smile.

"You'll eventually catch on, Gem." he said, earning a growl from Exton.

"I heard what you said to her," Gemma said. "Don't for a second think you were helping me.....you were extracting my magic."

"Isn't that a form of help?" Heyder laughed. "When was the last time you slept peacefully? I know the powers in you are too much for your bones to handle......you can't contain all that in a itty bitty jar....just me, I would know."

Before Gemma could answer, Exton's fist collided with Heyder's jaw.

"Exton, no!" Gemma grabbed her mate's arm and pulled him back. "Stop it. We need him alive."

"Adam," Exton growled as he pinned Heyder with his angry green eyes. "Start the spell."

Adam rushed forward as he pulled out the ribbon from the chalice it had been dipping in. Mavi gagged as the elf blood from it dripped over the white marble floors like raindrops from hell. Owen held out his free hand towards her and she quickly ran into his embrace, hiding her face in his chest.

Gemma pulled out the diamond dagger from the velvet pouch she had been carrying. The blade shimmered like Cinderella's slippers under the light of the throne room. Heyder's jaw tensed as she handed it over to Exton.

"The blessing," she told him.

"What's his part in all this?" Owen asked, pushing the iron rod farther into Heyder's back.

"He's going to contain the blast," Ada said as he began to turn to the page in the book that held the spell. "When we bind Exton to the blade, it will radiate an intense blast of raw energy. Only a jinn can contain it."

"I won't do it," Heyder laughed. "You can't make me."

Adam's eyes flickered up to Gemma before he looked over at Mavi. As much as they hated the idea, they needed the bastard. They stood around as Heyder laughed on his knees.

Owen wanted to sever his head off with the heated rod, all he needed was for Mavi to give him the signal.

Time stood still as the hearts in the room all beat with different worries. No one knew what to say. The burden of the situations sat on their shoulders like a pile of ancient rocks.

Then suddenly, everyone in the room watched as Mavi began to walk over to Heyder. She slowly sank down and kneeled in front of him. Heyder's laugh began to die down as he stared into her beautifully stilled face.

"Exton," Mavi said, her voice shaking. "Get ready."

"What are you doing?" Adam demanded.

Mavi ignored them all as she stared into the jinn's obsessive eyes. She could see his hunger for her. It wasn't love....it was his dark twisted obsession that fueled his madness.