27. Visit

27. Visit

"What is going on here?"

"Hi, Asano-kun, I came to invade."

Asano Gakushuu was flabbergasted. Let's not question the fact that his dad was home early for once-- what is Kunomasu-sensei doing here?!

The very-familiar, kinda klutzy, very infamous teacher stood at the door.

His dad simply strode in like nothing was wrong. He made a beeline for his room, holding his work papers and throwing a few words behind him.

"You may use the guest room. Have my son show you there. If there are any problems, I will be working in my office."

And he just goes. Like nothing's wrong.

His office door closed. Kuma-sensei was smiling at the door, waiting for instructions. Gakushuu kinda wanted to flip a table.

-

"So basically, I ran away from home," Nao told him over a cup of hot chocolate.

Gakushuu had his face inch-deep in his palm. He honestly still couldn't believe that this teacher was in his house. No teacher ever visited him-- his dad's the Board Chairman, for god's sake.

He never even had friends over, and suddenly he has to entertain a teacher??

"Sir, you're an adult," he stressed the last word.

Nao beamed, "which is why I ran away with permission!"

Gakushuu had the sudden urge to do a flip off the balcony. His hands tightened on the mug he was holding, and he turned away to give a very heavy sigh.

What exactly did his father find charming in this?

"Regardless, Kunomasu-sensei," Gakushuu said with a sigh, "I would prefer if you had a little more self-preservation than this."

No one messed with the Board Chairman as much as Nao, and it was for a very good reason. Kuma-sensei might have had a leeway thus far, but surely this, too, had limits.

Nao smiled warmly at that.

"It's fine," he said. Gakushuu looked up. Nao prodded at the side of the mug, "I think the Board Chairman is scary... but it's much better than going home right now."