Stars and Smiles

inspired by an episode in Avatar:TLA,,, rewatching cuz a bitch is bored during quarantine,,,(not dem live action movie crap. who tf is uNGh and sOka and eEroh)

am i the only one that is crushing on zuko n azula?? zuko, understandable, right?

Now, azula. like///Azula is crazy and all but she hot,—literally and figuratively(lmao), —and her voice actor oOf,,,love her voice///

note:  this chapter will be cut into many parts because it'll be impossible if I fit that whole snippet into this chap. and no modern tech.   for context,,,the fire nation has been at war with the other nations for 100 years.

Third Person View

"Keep it down. Will ya'? Do you want everyone to know that we're from the fire nation?" Jungkook hissed lowly as his older brother shrugged.
"Technically, we're fugitives of the fire nation. And who is there to blame?"

Jungkook shoved his brother in a seat, taking one next to him. "Hush it. They were going to use their own men as bait. Throwing them in the front lines, unarmed, infront of thousands of earthbenders."

"What was I supposed to do? Let them sacrifice our people?"
Jaehyun sighed before patting his brother's shoulder. "I know."
"And I didn't ask you to come either." Jungkook snapped.

"But I came anyways. I was just joking, Kook. Lighten up. I wouldn't have done what I did if I didn't trust you."

Jaehyun sat back in their seat, looking out to sea the vast ocean. "I'm just glad we got out safe."

________________________

"Ba Sing Se,— last time I was here, I was helping the fire nation army penetrate its walls."
"Well, technically, you were never here. Because you never went inside,—" Jaehyun mumbled sarcastically yet he spoke the truth.

"I helped in the attempted overthrowing of this city. Now, they've taken me in with such hospitality." Jungkook mumbled, staring it at the large city surrounded by walls.

"Technically, they don't know it's you. If they would've known we're fire nation, they would've killed us."
"Could you stop that? You know what I mean,—"

"Hello, wary refugees. And welcome to Ba Sing Se. Let me remind you that you're safe. Safe from the outside world, safe from the fire nation." A woman dressed in the native green and yellow colors announced to the crowd of people that just got off the train.

"You'll each be given homes and from there, you'll work or go to school like any regular citizen."

The two brothers were given a small house to share. Both taking jobs at the same place to avoid trouble and to be there for eachother if trouble came to them.

_____________________

"A tea shop? Couldn't you have found some place better, something to fit our standards?" Jungkook muttered, glaring at the large sign that was above the doors of the quaint shop.

"What? You pour tea and then you serve it. The salary is high enough for a job like that.
"We would get more money if we do something we're good at."
"Stop complaining, Jungkook. This isn't like the fire nation. You can't fight your way in getting things you want."

And with that, Jaehyun entered the shop with Jungkook begrudgingly following him.

________________________

Jungkook tied the apron around his waist, serving tea and bringing the pots back to the kitchen.

It was just him and Jaehyun working all day. The owner wasn't needed since she had ready-made tea bags for them. Jaehyun prepared the tea, cleaned the dishes and Jungkook brought out the tea and gathered the used dishes.