51🔥 Going to Try

"So you're telling me, Yang Akida and Malchin Saito had a blue fire elemental daughter whom they named Akane Saito. Which is the same girl that died from having sex with Kang Joonwae."

NamJoon and Hayoon nodded.

"In her office were two pictures hidden behind a picture frame, we had to put them back incase she looked. The name underneath were those, they looked like a family in the picture of all three of them. And the caption underneath the girls picture was Akane." Hayoon explained, Songhee leaning her head on Hayoon's shoulder as she spoke, "Plus, it would make sense. Malchin is a blue fire elemental, so was Akane. Usually, fire overpowers other elements in the gene pool."

All of them were processing this, not expecting that to be one of the secrets Akida has been keeping tight lipped.

Jungkook had a troubled look on his face, he asked, "Why hide it? Why hide the fact Akane was their daughter?"

The rest of them thought about this, not really understanding it either.

"Well," Taehyung began, "Akane and Joonwae died from having sex, which we know is a lie, it's a cover up. What if Akida had something to do with her daughters death? Maybe that's why she's keeping the fact Akane was her daughter a secret, her and Malchin are keeping it a secret."

Hoseok and Yoongi looked at each other. All of them shared glances, trying to figure out why in the hell would Chancellor Yang and Malchin hide the fact Akane was their daughter, why would they cover up her death that way?

They were hiding something even bigger if they would do that to their own kid, they pretended she never existed.

Songhee shot up from where she was next to Hayoon, running over to the large pond near Jimin and NamJoon's spot. She pointed at it, "How long has this pond been around?" Songhee asked, the rest looking at each other.

"In our earth class we learned these woods, including the pond, were here when the academy was first built," NamJoon informed, furrowing his eyebrows, "why?"

"Because I can retain memory from water!" Songhee shouted, realization seen in everyone elses eyes, "If Akane ever went in this pond, which she probably did since she was already rebellious from what we know, then maybe I can figure out what happened to her and Joonwae."

They hadn't even thought about that.

Yoongi was the first to shake his head as he stood up, "Songhee, that's way too dangerous. You don't know how many memories this water has retained, plus the Akane and Joonwae thing happened 18 years ago, not yesterday."

Songhee rolled her eyes, walking over to Yoongi and holding his cold hands in her own, "Yoongi, i'll be okay, I know my limits and you know them too. You've seen me do this before, you know when to stop me." she pouted, looking pleadingly into Yoongi's brown eyes, "please, how else are we going to figure out what happened without the actual memories that came from the girl."

Yoongi hated the fact she was right.

How else would they figure out what happened? They'd have to rip the school apart to find out. It's not like they could waltz up to Yang and ask.

Though, Yoongi would rather do that than risk Songhee's life.

"You could die."

"I won't," Songhee assured, "You can pull me out whenever you think it's too much for me."

Hayoon walked over to the two, holding Songhee's hand in her own, "There's a way I can share my power with her, so she'll be okay and you don't have to worry-"

"That's a spell," Jimin chimed in, narrowing his eyes at Hayoon, "how do you know it?"

Suddenly, everyone was staring at Hayoon, the female not even flinching under their gazes.

"I come from somewhere everything isn't hidden, unlike here, plus it's simple transaction spell, eam dolorem mihi participes meae fortitudinem (give me her pain to me, share my strength {language; latin}), when I feel she's getting weak I mutter it and my power will go to her while her pain goes to me; I just have to hold her hand the entire time, right?" Hayoon deadpanned with a neutral expression, Jimin looked her up and down suspiciously before nodding.

Now Jimin understood what Taehyung meant before when it came to trusting Hayoon.

"I agree," NamJoon sighed, stuffing his hands in his pockets, "it's the only way we'll know the real truth behind what happened, only if Songhee's willing to do it."

"Which I am." Songhee stared at Yoongi, "Gi, please, don't you trust me?"

Yoongi stared at his childhood best friend, able to see the pleading look in her eyes, the way she wanted Yoongi to be okay with it.

He rolled his eyes, "Fine," Songhee smiled, "but the moment I say get her out, you will." this was directed towards everyone else, especially Hayoon.

She nodded.

Then it was settled, Songhee would have to submerge herself into the pond completely, become one with the water. No matter how gross it was, she'd have too find fluid or something in it connected to Akane, which included blood, tears, sweat, etc. It wouldn't be in that same form, but she'd have to sense it, to get into Akane's memories and find out what happened.

They just had to figure out when exactly to do it.

<><><>

Confused would be an understatement to what the guys felt when Akida called an assembly out of the blue.

Even Fera confirmed she didn't know about it until she called everyone to the auditorium.

"Us freaking out won't do anything," Hoseok muttered, Yoongi glaring at him.

"Us not having our guard up could give her the chance to kill us!" Yoongi insisted, throwing his hands in the air.

They all were in the bathroom while everyone else was on their way the auditorium, including Songhee and Hayoon, who were snuck in by Jimin cloaking them with his wind.

"Baby," Hoseok grabbed both Yoongi's hands, interlocking their fingers, "calm down."

Yoongi visibly relaxed, sighing as he just fell into Hoseok, the fire elemental holding the elder close to him.

The rest cooed at the interaction.

"If she wanted to kill us she would've just called us to her office, poisoned us, or did whatever she did to Mrs. Eu," NamJoon tried to seem sensible, realistic, this wasn't about them.

Eventually, when the coast was clear, they ran out of the bathroom and blended in with the crowd, meaning Jungkook, SeokJin, Yoongi, and Hoseok had to separate from each other. Even if they didn't like it.

When everyone was seated, Yang began to speak.

Yoongi smirked at his, clearly in pain, brother.

"I bet you're all wondering why you're here," Yang began, a calm smile on her face as she stood in front of them, "well, after a lot of thinking, i've decided the ball will be taking place in a weeks time." voices instantly traveled over the students, confusion and excitement bubbling in the air.

Yang raised her hand, everyone shutting up, "We haven't gotten warnings, haven't been attacked, and it's been close to a month. I, along with Malchin, feel it is safe for the ball to commence. We'll have guards all over the academy making sure to watch out for suspicious behavior. Please, relax during the ball, dress in your finest black and white clothes, since that is the theme, and have fun; you all deserve it after what you've been through."

She bowed her head, her eyes meeting NamJoon's for a moment, before she walked off the stage with the marshalle's following behind her. Guards standing on watch while the students filed out.

NamJoon's stomach filled with anxiety, a thought he hated traveling across his mind.

She's going to try and kill us at the ball.