Chapter 50: The Final

1 month and 2 weeks later

(Rose is 8 months and 2 weeks pregnant)

Rita(RiRi)POV:

Time has flown. Rose is 8 months pregnant and she's only a few weeks away from giving birth. We've been going to those pregnant people's classes together and she's been studying from home. She had her baby shower three weeks ago and it was so beautiful. All we've been doing is getting ready for the day she gives birth. I'm so nervous and excited. Like my best friend is pregnant. She already decided on the names and they so cute.

Right now we painting the baby's room. For a few months she'll be staying at her parents house so they can help her raise him, but she'll be back soon. "We should have asked Chris or Aaron to do this. I'm exhausted." I said falling to the floor. She chuckled and shook her head. "I wanted to do this on my own. Besides, I don't think Chris would have done this, he probably got people to do the baby room at his house. Rita it's so beautiful and it looks so magical. His so excited. I just-"

"Hope it's his kid? Baby... Chris should tread carefully, he will get hurt, we don't really know who the father of the baby is. I mean it could be Aaron's, I seriously have a feeling that it is him. The dates make sense."

"But they don't. I didn't conceive immediately after having sex with Aaron. Even the doctor said she isn't sure about Aaron."

I sigh frustrated. "Rose, you started feeling sick a week after having sex with Aaron. Don't patronize me or yourself. You really shouldn't have told Chris that he is the possible father. When that DNA comes back... it's going to break him."

"Well I'm not doing a DNA test."

I frowned. "Are you crazy? What if that baby comes out looking like Aaron?" She shrugs. "Look Rita, we all light skinned and really, they won't be able to see what a baby looks like right after he is born. They can't get a DNA without my approval. You need to understand that if this baby is Aaron's my baby will have a dad that doesn't love them, I can't have or live with that. Chris will love this baby, he already does."

I sigh, knowing I'm fighting a losing battle. It's her baby and life, she knows best. I get up to get me something to drink. "You want something to drink?"she nods. I walk out the room to get us juice and water. I walk back in the room and sit back on the floor.

"You remember when I left back last year?"

I nod. Of course I do. How could I? "Yeah, I remember." She puts down her juice and sits up. "Well, it was because of you." I frown. "Because of me? Did I miss something here? I don't remember us fighting." I said panicky. She smiled.

"No, we didn't have a fight. It was for you. A few years ago I had asked my dad to search for any relatives you might still have. From your father's side or mother's side. Finally last year he found a lead and when he was about to follow it, I asked to be the one. No one knows the stories you and your mom told like me. I would remember the little details and I did. There is a lady who goes by Mariah Renée Gomez and I remembered that was your mother's mother's name, your grandmother. I went to look for her, she is in Mexico in a town named Guadalajara. After spending time with her I told her why I came. She old school, very traditional. I told her about you and she knows you and she looks like you, here and there. I first noticed the nose and I knew it was her. She's still in Mexico and she'd love to meet you. She's never met you in her whole life."

She pulled me in a tight hug. I was crying, like really crying. This was all too much. I had a family member somewhere out there. All this time I thought I had no one. I thought I was alone, but I'm not. I never was. I have someone somewhere out there. In Mexico. I wiped away my tears and pulled back from the hug. "I know I should have told you immediately when I returned, but I wanted to tell you when you finished second year so you can decide if you want to go see her or stay with her and attend school there." I pulled her in another hug. I'm so happy, I can't even describe it. "She's ok with me staying with her? I mean I'd love to. If you weren't pregnant I'd be leaving now."

She laughed and wiped my tears away. I joined her. "Baby you can leave right now. Don't let me stop you. This is all you've ever wanted. To have someone who has the same blood running through your veins. I promise I'll send you pictures of him once he is born."

I smiled and started crying. "No, I'm going to be here until you give birth. I promised I'd be there for you. I love you so much and I'm grateful for what you did. I don't need the same blood to run through our veins to know you are my sister."

"I love you too baby, unconditionally. I'll always be there for you forever."

I laid my head on her shoulder and listened to her tell me all the things she did in Mexico and on her vacation. She just didn't tell me anything my grandmother told her, she said I'd have to hear it all from her and indeed I would. I fell asleep with a small smile in my face.

♡♡♡

There y'all go. This book is almost done. Only a few Poisons left.

Enjoy the Final Chapters that are left.

Should there be a second book? This book took me two years and a few months people. I started it in 2017, while I was in grade 9.

Yung__Aug_♡Love