doyoung ; imagine

requested by @lilgyul

I injured my leg pretty badly and so im wearing a cast now and that sucks. also Chenle rapping is one of my favorite things now.
+
if there are parts where it doesn't make sense, I apologize because its late at night and I'm super tired. so please excuse any mistakes!

6,341 words
———————————————————

"thanks jaehyun!" Jaehyun nodded at Doyoung who stood in the kitchen.

"do you want me grab the three other boxes outside your door?" Jaehyun asked.

"uh no, I got it but thanks for asking" Doyoung says as he takes a few items out of the brown boxes.

"okay, i'll see ya later right?" Jaehyun asked, Doyoung gave him a nod.

"of course!" Jaehyun chuckled as he left. Doyoung walks out in the hallway to grab the remaining three boxes that sat right out his door. he bent down to grab one box.

"oh hello!" Doyoung glanced up to see a young woman standing in front of her door.

"oh hi" Doyoung gave her a small smile.

"are you moving in?" she asked, he gave her a nod.

"yeah!" Doyoung gave her a big smile.

"that's good! I haven't had a neighbor in a while" she chuckled as she scratched her neck.

"really?" she nods.

"yeah my last neighbor was y/n! she was the sweetest person ever. she took care of my grandmother whenever I was working late! she was really caring towards others" the lady spoke in a sad tone. Doyoung could sense the sadness in her voice.

"may I ask what happened? did she move?" Doyoung asked.

"I wish, that would be a lot better. she was actually murdered a month ago. I was the one who found her body. she gave me a copy of her key since we're like sisters. I walked in to ask her if she could watch my grandmother but when I found her.... she was on her bed all bloody. apparently the police couldn't find who did it. apparently the killer was "too good". I got really upset with them because it felt like they werent trying hard enough. the whole problem was so stressful" she sighs loudly at the end of her words. Doyoung gave her a shock expression.

"did you not know?" she asked.

"no not at all! I feel so bad" Doyoung felt guilty for some odd reason.

"sorry to ruin your moving day" the lady apologized.

"ahh no, don't worry! im glad that you told me" Doyoung tried giving her a comforting smile.

"may i ask what your name is?" she raised a brow and held out her hand, Doyoung took it.

"Doyoung, you are?"

"Mailee" she smiled and shook his hand.

"welcome to the building! if you ever need anything let me know. also don't worry, the copy of the key I had is with the owner the building" she giggled, Doyoung smiled.

"thank you!" Doyoung bowed. She left him alone so he could continue unpacking. after two hours Doyoung managed to unpack almost everything. His bedroom, living room and his kitchen was pretty much finished. he was quite proud of himself. he looked at the time on his phone. he quickly grabbed his jacket and keys once he noticed he was a little late on meeting up with his friends.

"someone died in your new apartment?" Mark gasped, his eyes were wide.

"yes, she was murdered" Doyoung let out a small sigh.