Infiltrate

"The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning." – Uchiha Madara

~~~

Naruto coughed out blood as he successfully entered into a random cave. He laid in the dark cave, bleeding. Naruto's arm was in absolute shambles.

He took a direct hit when they clashed. Not to mentions debris was flying at them in all sorts of directions. They got me with this one... Naruto groaned as he tried to stand up. The healing was already doing its work.

But these wounds are pretty deep. It'll take a few hours before this is done. Naruto wiped the blood on his face as he managed to walk. He looked at the cave and it's surroundings and found nothing. Naruto sat down in defeat as he took a deep breath.

His hair flowed down as sweat poured to the ground. All Naruto had to do was wait until his wounds are fully healed.

Then I'll do my work.

~~~

"We failed to bring him back." Kakashi said with his head down. Tsunade sighed in disappointment. Tsunade looked at Sasuki and Sakura.

"You girls go. Kakashi will tell me the mission details." Both nodded and walked away with a sad expression on their faces. Tsunade looked towards Kakashi in a demanding manner.

"Tell me what went wrong."

~~~

2 Years Later...

It's been 2 years and lots have changed. The Elemental Nations are in shambles with the war. Things were getting destroyed, and people were perishing each day — no — each second.

Families were grieving over the dead.

Nothing was getting solved. It was all about attacking. It was getting out of hand. While this was all happening. Naruto has been going through plans for the future. It quite hard to decide, having to balance things out with training.

But things worked out. Naruto is currently meditating. This was his first time doing such an activity. But there was a reason he was meditating.

"To meet the fox"

Naruto was suddenly transported to his mindscape. Naruto arched his lips upwards. "Long time no see, Kyuubi!" Naruto smiled brightly towards the humongous fox. The Kyuubi just growled un response.

"What do you want, human?" Killing intent was being released by the fox. Naruto sweatdropped at this. "Can you turn down the killing intent, please?" But it went higher. Naruto gained a tick mark on his forehead.

"Turn it down!" Naruto yelled. The fox had smugness all over its face. The killing intent was turned down. "Finally" Naruto sighed. Naruto sat down on the water, his eyes looking towards the Kyuubi.

"Anyway, what I want from you is something important." Naruto was intentionally giving this much suspense to his words. "I want to know who my parents are." This only caused to the Kyuubi to chuckle with evil intent.