seven

+ nightmare +

+ nightmare +

I sat in a large jungle, except the problem with it was that it only contained a single tree, and I was sitting up against it. I looked around, a pain searing through me as I looked down, seeing my hand holding together my stomach, blood spilling out of my wound as I let out a shaky breath. I looked around, the ground flat for as long as I could see, the singular tree reaching up into the red and orange sky. I squinted my eyes as I took a step away from the tree, my legs weak as I limped, each step causing my whole body to cry out in pain, blood pouring down my legs.

"You're hurt" someone called out as I turned around, Ridley standing there on the flat ground as I stared at him. He looked like he did at the reaping, his white shirt and khaki pants perfect and his chain sitting around his neck glimmering in the sunlight as we stared at each other. "Ridley" I breathed out, looking around to see if there was anyone else here, but it was only the two of us here, and I think I knew what was going to happen next. "Only one of us can win this thing" he said to me, shaking his head slightly as he clenched his fists by his side, my mouth falling open slightly as I lurched forward, dragging my feet along the ground as Ridley stood completely still, not reacting to my movement.

"Kill me then" I said to him, stopping where I was as Ridley started laughing, a smile on his face as he looked away from me, shaking his head as he simply pushed his hands into his pockets as if the suggestion wasn't even mentioned. "We both know who is meant to win" Ridley said with a smile on his face, turning back to me as he nodded his head down at my hand, my ears ringing as I shook my head at him, about to tell him to kill me once again. "Throw it" he said as I looked down at my hand, seeing my trident resting in my hand, my arm almost itching recoil to throw it at him.

"No" I replied with a firm shake of my head, my hand twitching around it as I fought the urge to lift my arm back which was almost painful, simply adding to the pain that was already existing in my body. "Throw it" Ridley roared at me, his smile replaces with an angry expression as he stared at me with his nostrils flaring, making me shake my head at him once again. HIs command was almost like it was controlling my body, his anger fuelling it as my arm begged to be released from its hold on the weapon. "You'll die" I called out to him, Ridley's face relaxing as he shook his head at me, tilting his head to the side slightly.

"You've already killed me" he said, his voice low as he stared at me, my breathing getting caught in my throat as my eyes started tearing up, from a mixture of pain and sadness from his words. "It's your fault I'm dead, Waverley" Ridley said, his words like a white hot iron burning into my skin, the boy leaning towards me a bit almost as if he was making sure I could hear him. He straightened back up as he pulled his hands from his pockets, his angry expression falling onto his face once again.

"Throw" he started shouting, his words being interrupted as I pulled my arm back, my hand letting go of my trident in one swoop as they flew through the air, finding its place right in the middle of his chest. "It" he breathed out, looking down at his chest, his white shirt already starting to stain with red blood as I let out a cry, Ridley looking up at me one more time as his face relaxed, just in time for his limp body to fall to the ground. I let out a cry as I sunk to my knees, not feeling them hit the floor as tears streamed down my face.