Fem Volleyball Player X Male Volleyball Player Reader

It was the final match up of the regional championship, and the winner got to go to nationals. Currently, Iron Woods High's coed team was neck and neck with your schools' team, North Antalo High. You were watching from the stairs leading up to the stands, watching the ongoing match. Your school wasn't doing well now unfortunately, as the last person was subbed in as another player was taken out, injured. You watched rally after rally as one set went to each team, until the unthinkable happened. The ace of your school went down, cluthing her knee. Immediately, her teammates helped her up and to the bench while the ref walked over to the coach, who was panicking.

Ref: Do you have anyone else to sub in? If not, she has two minutes to get back into shape before we call it.

You hear it and sigh, pulling out an old jersey you hadn't worn in a long time, since you had quit after an argument with the former coach. You take off your shirt while hidden and change out into the uniform. You manage to succeed, even changing shoes, just as the ref comes back to see the player still hurt.

Ref: I don't see anyone else. Should I call it?

Coach: I...I don't have anyone. Call it, if you will.

Before the ref can do so, you come jogging over in uniform and crack your knuckles while smiling. Putting a hand on the coach's shoulder, you speak.

Y/N: Now wait a minute. We were down one from the start. Since I'm from North Antalo High, can I sub in for her?

Ref: Seeing the current condition of your team, and the starting disadvantage, yes. Get on the court.

You nod and jog on, taking the court where the ace was, about to serve. The crowd goes silent, confused at the new player just as much as the rest of the team.

Y/N: Sorry you don't know me, but you just have to trust me. My name is Y/N, use it when you need it everyone. Now, let's win and go to nationals.

The team hesitantly nods as the whistle is blown. You take a deep breath before doing a running serve that blows past the other team, making everyone look at the ref on the line. The flag goes up in favor of your team. You smile as the crowd for your team cheers loudly. You serve again as the other team barely recovers it, sending it back to you. You go to set, your eyes settling on the familiar hot redhead on the left.

Y/N: Redhead, do it! Go!

You set it to the net and she's already in position, spiking it and blasting through. In response, you turn around and point at the back of your jersey, which makes everyone silent again, before all the Antalo supporters start chanting over and over as the team takes it up too.

All: Double O, Double O!

They called you that because everyone remembered your time representing the school as that number, double zero. You turn back around and smile, yelling to rally the team.

Y/N: Alright everyone, it's seventeen to fifteen, us! Follow my lead, and keep it up!

They nodded and got ready as you served once more, only for it to be returned with force. You manage to slow it down with a set, but it still travels past you. Suddenly, in a blur, the redhead is there, using her foot to knock it back to you. You leap into the air and give it all you've got, ripping it and hitting the player that was purposefully hurting Antalo players full force in the gut. You get the point and he's quickly subbed out. You look over and see the ace standing perfectly fine. You see the coach shake his head and know you are responsible for the win.

Y/N: Everyone, three more points and we go to nationals! We're almost there!

The other team crowds the net as you serve, quickly blocking it. It hits their hands and bounces off the floor, finally giving Iron Woods a point and shifting the flow. They all cheer as your team rotates, finally taking you out of the serving position. With no hesitation, they serve towards a massive gap, but with astonishing speed the redhead is there, knocking it down and giving your team a point. Finally, the individual clicks. It was Olivia, and she was on the team when you quit. The ball is given to your team and it's served, easily getting returned with force. You set it, calling out.

Y/N: Olivia, do it again!

And she does. She speeds the ball through them, scoring again. You smile at her and she returns it as the ref tosses the ball over, calling out and important moment.

Ref: Game point, North Antalo High.

You smile as it's served to Olivia this time, but she slips when she goes to hit it. In one quick move, you grab her and push her so she rebalances while leaping and twisting into the air, slamming your foot into it and sending it into the corner, landing on your shoulder as it emits a loud crack, causing you to grimace. On the ground, you look at the ref, who in his worry had forgotten to call it. He looks at all the pairs of eyes before raising his flag. His flag...pointed towards you. You had won, but you couldn't enjoy it. You were on the ground, holding your shoulder in pain as everyone celebrated. As the team turned towards you, they noticed you hadn't gotten up, and the joy they, along with the spectators had, disappeared as a paramedic arrived next to you. He looked at your shoulder and sighed.

Paramedic: You're a lucky boy. It's only dislocated. You'll be fine.

He popped it into place, earning a scream from you, and put your arm in a sling. When he left, the team all rushed you, cheering. The coach and ace walk up to you, noticing the old jersey.

Y/N: Coach...I think your team could use a second ace. Mind letting me tag along?

Coach: I'd be dumb not to let you. Nice to see you on board Double O.

Ace: Yeah, with you we could win nationals for sure.

You smile, despite the pain, as the crowd takes up its cheer of Double O. In response, you lift your unhurt arm in a fist, making them cheer later before the redhead girl almost bowls you over, a smile on her face and tears in her eyes.

Olivia: It's so good your back, Y/N! I didn't think you'd ever be back! I missed you!

Y/N: And I missed you too, Olivia. So...any chance you'll let me go?

The team chuckled as they nodded, starting to walk away.

Ace: Oh, Y/N? Want to join us for a bite to eat? We owe you for the win after all.

Y/N: Yeah, I'll be there in a second.

As they left, you turned your attention back to the teary eyed girl in your arms. Moving her hair to the side, you gave her a kiss on the forehead and smiled. 

Y/N: I really did miss you the most. After we head back, how about we go hang out at my place and catch up? I'm sure we need it, and we can talk about something important.

Olivia: Talk about what?

Y/N: The relationship I'm sure we wanted with each other before I left.

Olivia: Okay...let's go. And Y/N, in case you leave again later...

Y/N: Yeah?

Olivia: I love you...

Y/N: I know, Olivia...I love you too.