Red

JENNIE POV

With all of the commotion going on down in the street, of course I stuck my head out to have a look. The neighbours were all in their driveways, watching an ambulance tend to someone on the road. Had they been hit by a car?

However, I could never describe the feeling I felt when the lady helping the victim stepped aside and I realised that it was my best friend.

"Lisa!?" I screamed across the street, every single person in the street facing in my direction.

I couldn't breathe, I couldn't think. Seeing my most treasured friends almost lifeless body, her once white shirt dyed red with her own blood. A small trickle of blood falling from her slack mouth. What the fuck was happening?

"Why the fuck is there so much blood?!" My voice is louder than the rest, I can easily be heard over the chatter. The world turns into a blur; the sirens, the yells, the cries... all forming into one single ear piercing ring while I look at the mess in front of me.

"Miss!" One of the ambulance ladies stands up, looking at me with urgency. "I'm going to have to ask you to take a step back!" She holds out her arm, holding me back at arms length.

"Jennie?" The voice isn't Lisa's. But it's coming from her blood filled mouth.

"We have words! She's more conscious than she was!" She woman rushes back down to Lisa, strapping her into the stretcher and hoisting her into the ambulance. Before the doors were slammed close the woman looks at me. "Are you going to come with your friend?"