3.8

"All right. The glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?"

Scottie and Natasha shared a hesitant look as everyone looked between themselves, trying to figure out who the best person for the job was. Scottie knew that even if she did think she was the right person for it, none of them would let her volunteer and the warning glance Steve sent her way was enough for her to stay in her spot and keep her mouth shut.

"I'll do it," Thor immediately said, sauntering towards the glove despite the protests that erupted from around the room.

Scottie zoned out as she looked at Natasha. She still couldn't believe she had done it. She had saved her friend and now they were about to save everyone.

"You saw what those stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him. None of you could survive," Bruce said, causing Scottie to snap back into the conversation.

"How do we know you will?" Steve interrupted him, not sure if they had the time to be taking risks like this.

"We don't. But the radiation's mostly gamma. It's like...I was made for this."

Natasha had a protective hand on Scottie's shoulder as Tony readied Bruce for the glove.

"You remember– everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago and just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years."

"Got it. Everybody comes home."

Everyone moved to protect themselves as Bruce slid the gauntlet on to his hand, waiting for the power to consume him like it had Thanos. He instantly fell to his knees, screaming and grunting in pain as the team watched all of the veins in his body light up as if he was on fire.

Scottie stumbled slightly, also falling to her knees as the soul stone seemed to suck the energy from her as it directed its attention to the gauntlet. Unlike the mind stone, the soul didn't seem to have any interest in holding off on doing what it was asked to do on Scottie's behalf.

Natasha dropped to her knees, pulling Scottie against her as the rest of the team debated whether or not they were going to take the gauntlet off the struggling Bruce. Tony wanted to rush over to Scottie but he had his shield up to protect Barton and he knew the woman wouldn't forgive him if anything happened to Clint.

The second Bruce snapped his fingers, all the energy instantly returned to Scottie. The girl looked up at Natasha who smiled at her, lightly helping her back to her feet. Scottie looked over to see Clint kicking the glove away from them all, the stones still shining slightly.

"Did it work?" Natasha asked the room, her eyes darted around as she looked for any sign that they had succeeded. Clint's phone ringing seemed to almost answer that question.

Scottie felt an unease in her stomach, one that she hadn't felt since 2018. She furrowed her eyebrows, unsure what the feeling was as she looked around the room to see the reactions of everyone else.

Her eyes fell on Clint, his hand hovering over his phone that seemed to vibrate angrily against the metal table. It had been a long time since that had happened - and the word 'Laura' on the screen caused Scottie to turn to Natasha with a grin across her face as the red head noticed the same thing.

"Guys– I think it worked!" Scott shouted, watching as the birds on the tree outside all seemed to be frantically interacting as if they were seeing an old friend. Scottie let out a cheer as they all began to realise that maybe this was it, maybe they'd actually done the impossible.

Closing her eyes, Scottie looked up to the sky in amazement.

When she opened them, she watched as a missile came flying straight towards where they stood.