3.9

"How did you know it was time to settle down? Especially with your - our - line of work?"

Clint turned the swivel chair around slowly, a small smile on his face as he looked at the nervous Scottie who was sitting on the other side of the lab, eating his leftover Pad Thai as he continued to work on upgrading his gear. He studied her for a moment, knowing that the girl was genuinely interested in hearing his response.

"It was just a feeling. A gradual one I guess," Clint told her, leaning over and taking a sip of the soda she had brought for him. "It wasn't like one day I was like 'Okay let's get married, have children and buy a farm by the end of the week', you know? It was that realisation that I wanted to marry Laura, then the other stuff came afterwards."

Scottie nodded, placing the Pad Thai down as she leaned back against the couch. She fiddled with the bracelet on her wrist slightly as Clint continued to smile warmly at her. It didn't take a highly skilled spy to realise what was on her mind and why she'd asked him the question.

"You thinking about marrying her?"

Scottie looked up surprised for a second before she realised what he was asking her. She blushed red, barely trying to hide her smile as she looked back across the room with a small nod in response to his question.

"Do you believe in soulmates?"

"Hell yeah," Clint told her, a smirk forming on his face as he crossed one leg over the over and leaned forward so his elbows were resting on them. "Both platonic and romantic, and I fully believe I've got both already in my life."

"Nat and Laura?" Scottie asked, knowing that those were maybe the only two people Clint would ever trust 150% with his life. She knew he probably trusted herself 95% of the time, but they didn't have that connection the way the other two women did.

"Yeah," Clint mused before looking back to her. "And you think Wanda is yours?"

Scottie shook her head.

"Nah I don't think she is. I know she is."
_____

"Cap, what do you want me to do with this damn thing?"

Scottie's eyes frantically searched the battlefield as she blasted away another alien from Thanos' army, the Outrider dogs squealing as soon as her sunlight energy scorched their skin. She would have recognised Clint's voice anywhere and she had told herself that if Clint or Natasha needed anything during this battle that she would drop anything to get to them. They were certainly the least equipped to fight an alien army out of them all - even with their guns.

"Get those stones as far away as possible!" Steve yelled back, and Scottie noticed in the distance his shield colliding with Mjölnir again, the noise echoing in her ears as she continued scanning the field for Clint.

"No! We need to get them back where they came from!" Bruce yelled through the comms link, Scottie scowling at how complicated their situation was getting. Even she knew that there wasn't any way for them to get them back to time when their time travelling machine was scattered in thousands of parts around them.

"No way to get them back. Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel," Tony informed them all, still slightly in shock from his reunion with Peter Parker.

"Hold on!" Scottie yelped in surprise as Scott suddenly shrank back to a normal size, a huge grin on his smile as he fumbled for something. "That wasn't our only time machine."