Unfinished Business.

12. UNFINISHED BUSINESS.

A continuation of 'Reunited'.

At the end of the movie premiere, Cookie was feeling heavily nostalgic. It was surreal but satisfying, to sit with her family and watch her life being retold on a cinematic screen. She knew Lucious felt the same way from the concentrated composure as his eyes never wavered from the screen unless it was to stare at her to either watch her reaction to a scene or just to gaze.

The movie really put their love into perspective for Cookie. At one point in her life, Cookie had questioned the love they had for each other when they were younger. Pondering over whether or not it was love at first sight or 'game recognising game', however as she watched the movie, it was apparent to her that their connection went deeper than just music, and mutually shared aspirations. She had to hand it to that little Juilliard actress, she did a good job. Of course, she could never portray Cookie to sheer excellence because there was, and will only ever be, one Loretha Lyon.

And her baby boy had done an amazing job of portraying his Father, from the swagger, rapping and sweet talk. But that was the Lucious Lyon pulsing through Hakeem's veins.

After congratulating Hakeem, Lucious and Cookie had enjoyed the afterparty. For the first time since arriving at Leviticus, Lucious had left Cookie's side to go and get her drink. He'd kissed her cheek, affectionately, before striding away. When Cookie turned around to watch his figure disappear into the crowd, lovingly, she spotted her nosey sister approaching with a look on her face that Cookie didn't like one bit.

"The movie was beautiful," Candance complimented, as she came to rest her arms on the banister, coming to stand beside Cookie. "Shame I wasn't in it as often as Carol."

Cookie snorted. "Well, if your bougie ass had bothered coming to see your family more often instead of forgetting we exist in that big house on the hills with yo white husband, maybe you would've been."

Candace pursed her lips. "What happened to leaving the past in the past?"

Cookie waved a hand of dismissal at her sister. "You started it." She reminded before she smiled. "Lucious and I are back together."

Candace chuckled. Cookie's eyebrows furrowed at the lack of shock on her older sister's face. "Honey, I know." She laughed out as she grabbed Cookie's hand and lifted it up to the light. "That big rock on your finger is kinda hard to miss," she mused. "What happened to those toe rings?" she questioned, jestingly.

Cookie chortled at her sister's question before twisting her lips. "I don't know whether I want to marry him again, though. I mean everything goes well between us, and then we get married, happy for a while, and then, bang," she clapped her hands together. "Something comes in between us and we're back to fighting." She pursed out her lips. "I'm not tryna have three divorces under my belt to the same damn man. Might as well slap 'You stupid bitch' on my forehead and leave my dignity at the front damn door." she ranted, exasperatedly.

"Girl, you done?" a voice questioned from behind her.

Cookie spun around to see Carol's condescending face behind them and pulled her sister into her arms.

"I didn't think you was gon' show up." Candace said.

Carol had been working on patching up her tattered relationships with her children after abandoning them to drugs once again.

Carol smiled. "I wanted to come out and support my big sis," she told her, earnestly. "Now, we're back on the topic of you, Cook, what's this about a third divorce? You getting back with Lucious?" Cookie opened her mouth to speak, but Carol continued to speak. "About damn time with your stubborn asses."