⁰⁰ the end and the beginning

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *

─────── ・ 。゚☆: *.🌸 .* :☆゚. ───────

"tsukki hurry up!"

"ya tsukki cmon!" young yamaguchi said while pushing on tsukishima's back. yamaguchi, tsukishima and their friend/team manager, sakura, were currently walking towards the gym where they were planning to watch the next volleyball match.

"i don't know why you guys are rushing, the game doesn't start for another five minutes." tsukishima replied nonchalant as he continued his slow strut in the middle of the crowded hallway.

"well i want to see them warm up. don't you want to see who you would've played?" sakura asked. the girl whipped her head back to look at tsukishima, causing her long, black hair that was tucked away in a high ponytail, to nearly hit him in the face.

"no. it's not like we're actually gonna play them." tsukishima mumbled under his breath. sakura just rolled her eyes at his negative comment.

"this is gym two, let's go" yamaguchi stopped pushing tsukki and pointed towards the open gym doors that read "Gym 2" on a silver plaque mounted above. yamaguchi walked around tsukishima, instead now leading his two friends inside.

all three of kid walked across the stands filled with chanting students wearing their school colours and holding up posters with their teams catchphrase. the gym wasn't as big as the high school matches they'd normally watch on tv at sakura's house, but it overall was a pretty big tournament for middle schools.

"what teams are we looking for again?" sakura asked as she looked over the rails of the viewing area where they were currently standing.

"kitagawa first and yukigaoka" yamaguchi replied.

"kitagawa first? they have the king. there's no way we would've beat them" tsukishima scoffed.

"the king? who's that? oikawa graduated already" sakura nagged as she pulled on the arm of tsukishima blue and white volleyball club jacket.

"stop, you're gonna ruin my jacket!" he yanked his arm away from her reach before continuing. "tobia kageyama, he's a setter and everyone calls him the king but not for the same reasons as oikawa. i'm surprised you haven't heard of him, considering how involved in you are in me and tadashi's business" he murmured. sakura was tried of the slick comments her friend was making. she jumped up and hit the top of his head with the underside of her fist, not being able to reach if she stood alone as her 5'4 self.

yamaguchi just snickered at the two of their bickering, he had gotten used to it over the years of their friendship.

"you better watch your mouth tsukki!" sakura stopped to take a deep breath, calming herself down before asking her next question. "since when did yukigaoka have a boys team? i hear their girls team is pretty good but the boys?"