Chapter 27: Drink till you drunk

ANOTHER UPDATE! I hope you all enjoy! Please please please vote and comment! I love seeing what you think of the story. Good, bad, cliché, trashy, all the good stuff! Enjoy!

Phoenix trailed his lips down the side of Leanna's neck, and she sighed, opening her eyes. It was one the best feelings to wake up to.

His hair was a mess as he lifted his head, giving her that devilish grin of his.

"Good morning, beautiful," he murmured and pressed his lips against hers. She smiled against it, pulling him closer until he was laying on top of her.

The last few weeks had flown by since their revelation and kiss. They were keeping things quiet for now at Leanna's request. She was not sure how she felt about everyone knowing she was with their Alpha. She was a Luna once and that didn't work out too well and she was more than hesitant at wearing the title again.

Apart from that, everything had been flowing smoothly. Phoenix was carefully debating the idea of opening the pack once more and revealing their existence. He was worried about any kind of retaliation from his enemies if they were still alive. There was also the looming threat from Vincent. They knew he'd sent the humans but had not yet figured out how exactly they hid their scent well enough to sneak so far into the pack undetected.

There hadn't been any more attacks and he also had Gemma practically tied to Leanna to make sure she didn't run off unsupervised. She understood where he was coming from but didn't really have any room to breathe on her own.

She felt her stomach growl then and chuckled, "Gotta blast!"

Pushing him off, she headed for the door, but he had his arms around her before she could reach it.

"Not so fast," he growled lowly and she shuddered against him.

His lips attacked her neck, nipping, and sucking everywhere he could reach. She melted against him as he twisted her around in his arms, so she was facing him.

"No distractions," she mumbled. "Must food now."

"Do you really want to give up kisses for food?" He hummed against her skin and she moved back.

"Um, yes," she said seriously.

He shook his head with a smile, "Breakfast in bed?"

"Can we go downstairs, please? I don't want anyone to question..." Leanna trailed off and he nodded but looked slightly disappointed.

He let go and she followed him out of the room and down the stairs. The kitchen was bustling with activity when they walked in and everyone gave Phoenix a nod of respect when they saw him. Sophia was at the stove and Leanna smiled at her, walking over.

"Hey, Soph, how it's going?" She asked as she cracked a few eggs into the pan.

"Pretty good..." Sophie had a wide smile on her voice, which wasn't unusual, except she looked more giddy than usual.

"Spill."

"Can't a girl have her secrets?" She asked innocently and Leanna shook her head.

"Nope. Now come on, spill the beans!" She chuckled and reached for a pan, turning on the stove top.

"Oh, you don't have to help. I've got it," Sophie reached for the pan, but Leanna playfully smacked her hand.

"I'm here to help and besides, it'll give us time to conversate. Now come on, enough stalling. Spill the tea."

"Okay. So, you know how I told you a few days ago that Jack took me to the creek out back? Well...he asked me out!" She whisper-yelled and Leanna laughed.