Ruined City Underground III

Quick note before we start, I completely forgot to check how the game addresses the new party member. From here on out the previously named ??? is now Revenant Stranger, or RS for short.

Now, onto the chapter...

(Y/N)'s POV

(Y/N): So I assume the way you came is clear, right?

RS: I'm not sure. I've been resting for a while so the lost may have come back too.

Looking over to Luca and Oliver to make sure we all know what we are doing, they nod in agreement.

(Y/N): Then lead the way. We'll cover our backs while she pushes with you.

RS: Right.

Taking our positions, Oliver and I fall back while Luca keeps the stranger company up front. We start following an upwards path until Luca simply stops at the edge right before we turn right.

Oliver: Something on your mind?

She's just standing there, I can only wonder what she—

Luca: *Jumps*

(Y/N): She fucking jumped?!

Luca: Found some haze.

(Y/N): Does she usually do this?

Oliver: She's done it once before.

RS: She has a good eye for treasure.

A couple minutes later we also realized that by following her on the lower path we ended up avoiding a lost ambush. Did she plan this out? Anyhow, after dealing with the lost and another painful ladder climb we find what Luca and Oliver were looking for.

Oliver: Is that a blood spring???

But of course there was a catch to it...

RS: Yes, but it is dry. That's why I kept exploring these caves, to maybe find a healthy one.

(Y/N): Well, as far as I've seen there's nothing like that around.

I learned that the blood beads revenants eat (or do they drink?) as a substitute for blood come from these blood springs, basically a white, small tree that gives the beads. They also reduce the miasma around them like trees make oxygen, but too much miasma causes the springs to dry up shortly before withering and basically dying.

This is one such case, only the withered remnants of the white plant left behind. No beads mean no food for the revenants, and Luca and Oliver won't be able to bring anything back to their captors which puts them at risk.

Oliver j gets close to it, then turns to Luca and for some reason he doesn't look or sound frustrated. He then asks a question that makes me the most confused I've been today.

Oliver: Hey, can you do it?

Luca: Yes.

(Y/N): Do it? What are they talking about?

Luca also drops down to the spring, the stranger following not far behind and I took the ladder down instead of jumping. As soon as I join them, Luca balls her left hand into a fist and squeezes tightly enough to make it bleed quite a lot. She then drips her blood on top of some roots and right before my eyes I saw what was basically a miracle.

This bright blue haze started emanating from the withered spring, and from the spot where Luca's blood was the tree started to grow again. Not only that, but it also bore a lot of blood beads immediately.