Chapter 51

The day of the total solar eclipse came quick as things were already all in place.

The servants readied the areas of where those of the palace were to be seated, and the royal family's place to sit. Every one of them were to be present, or else it'd be breaking the rules of tradition.

If one were to not show, disgrace would befall them.

Quickly rushing along the halls, was Lin with her princess' white robes for the ceremony later in the day. Being a total solar eclipse, her robes were newly made as this was her first, now residing in the Jin Kingdom.

Reaching the doors of her chambers, she briefly announced herself. "Your Highness, I am coming in with your robes!" her voice loud and clear.

Entering, she shut the doors behind her. Lin's eyes searched for the princess who stood at the door of her outside patio with light clothing.

Immediately, did the servant fetch a coat to cover her from the cold winds this near mid-winter.

Snow has yet to fall.

Placing it on her shoulders, Wen Yue chuckled, "Thank you, but I'm alright." slipping off the coat and handing it back to Lin.

The servant's brow raised as she then looked towards the direction Her Highness was. "Your Highness, is there something you're searching for?" she assumed so, since the young woman's eyes were filled with longing.

Wen Yue gave a short frown, "I'm not sure......" she paused for a moment. "What I do know is that I'm waiting for something." her voice soft.

Soon, the bridge between the moon and the sun will connect. There, the pair separated by heaven shall reach their ending.

The ending, that has not yet been determined.

The first set of plays by the drums sounded, echoing throughout the palace.

"THE GREAT DRAGON WILL SOON DEVOUR THE SUN!" shouted the Minister of Rites.

The drums sounded once more to alert those to be present to arrive.

Rushing to his designated area, was the 4th prince, Fei Yang, in his white robes. He was just finishing his duties for the day at the military grounds, when he realized he was to be early at the ceremony.

His eyes looked around as they settled on the beautiful woman beside him. She as ever, held an air of eternal magnificence.

The princess noticing a certain individual's stares, turned. At her movements, he quickly averted his gaze to the scene of men with their beating sticks.

Wen Yue with her attention on him, gave a small grin as she too looked before her.

Again, the drums sounded, signifying the moment of the sun being covered.

"THE SUN IS BEING DEVOURED BY THE GREAT DRAGON!" the same man spoke loudly.

The beat of the drums echoed far and wide, filling the palace grounds.

It was only seconds, as the sun was soon covered by the moon bringing a period of darkness.

"His Majesty, along with the Crown Prince and the 4th prince, shall drink from the chalices to bring forth prosperity to the lands and receive the blessings of His Divine God, Jinhai!" announced the Minister of Rites.

Inside the chalices, was the water from the Gold Spring Falls where their Divine God, Jinhai left to slumber. Nothing was mixed with it, keeping the liquid pure to accept the Divine God's blessings.