𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

❛❛ you painted it beautifully ❜❜

 ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ❀ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ❀ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"i can do this"

she gives herself a little encouraging smile before turning to the blank empty canvas settled on the easel, patiently waiting for her to paint.

jiyeol had locked herself inside one of the many empty room inside the manor, telling the three boys to not disturb her.

san and yeosang had helped her set up the once empty room, dusting and brooming the whole area until it was spotless. jiyeol of course was happy with this, unseeing at how the boys eyed her.

feather duster, broom, mop, dry towel and broom once again.

a little excessive for some, but it was how she liked cleaning.

the brunette nudges the blonde who was looking at the girl with amusement, watching as she continues to sweep the whole room.

"she's scaring me" his voice was hushed.

san chuckles softly "at least she and seonghwa has that similarity"

with the room turned into her own personal space, jiyeol rolls up her sleeves and reaches for one of the brushes as well as the paint she had gotten the other day.

the easel was facing the window, giving her a wonderful view of the garden outside.

she needed this— this short peace and soothing time with herself.

after the incident that had happened the other day, she had grown restless and she knew that painting would put her mind at ease.

the girl thinks of a moment, scanning through everything she had stocked inside her brain and smiles. an image had popped onto her mind and without even thinking, starts painting.

her brush glides through the canvas with ease, creating a delicate stroke of emerald green before dotting down some blue, curving her brush in an angle before flicking it off the canvas. she repeats this until the image was starting to get together. the girl lastly takes a light shade of yellow before painting in the finishing details.

jiyeol brings her head back as she places her brush down, scanning her completed artwork.

it wasnt what she thought she would be painting, but at least it was something.

for some reason, her mind thought that it would be nice to paint a forget-me-not, a flower that she has encountered so many times since her stay in the park manor.

to her wedding, which her hair was practically decorated with it, to the one left inside her book.

the garden itself was was filled with the said flower, growing beautifully and showcasing its vibrant blue color.

it made her wonder why the said flower was relevant in this household, and as she looks longer at the five-petaled blossom.. it kind of resembled the flower-like symbol on the general's door.

jiyeol gives herself a satisfied grin before a knock disturbs her. she goes towards it and twists the handle, opening the door to a smiling san.

"sorry to disturb you, but— hey, that's beautiful!" the blonde pushes pass her as jiyeol pries the door wider, allowing the man to enter.

"uncle chul wasnt lying when he said you were gifted with exceptional art skills" san reaches to touch one of the petals, which ended up with him having a bit of blue paint transfer to his finger.

jiyeol chuckles as she sees him frowning, wiping down the transferred paint onto a random piece of paper "its not completely dried yet"

san turns to her, lifting up his finger "i could see that" he turns back to the painting "you painted it beautifully"

she stands beside him, a smile plastered on her face "thank you.. i dont know why i decided to paint it, but i guess it's because i've been seeing that flower everywhere"

san lets out a light chuckle "its a pretty flower, isnt it?" his face turned into a fond smile, dimples showing as he faces the girl "i remember before... seonghwa and his mother would always plant those, and whenever he saw a flower wilt, he would cry"

jiyeol couldnt help but chuckle a bit, her mind imagining a small seonghwa dashing up to his mom with a runny nose just because a flower wilted.

before she could even stop herself, she lets out a small ‘cute’ accompanied by a smile.

the blonde turns to her with a teasing smirk, bumping her ever so slightly by the shoulders "did you just call seonghwa cute?"

her smile suddenly faded, blinking her eyes rapidly. she did just call him cute, and she wasnt even aware that she did.

"who wouldnt think that a crying child is cute?" she stammers.

"true... but! you technically called him cute" the blonde shrugs, that look on his face still firmly etched and jiyeol so badly wanted to paint his face with the dirty brush she just used.

"i— why did you even come here for?" she tries to shake the topic off, turning away from the boy as she busies herself with tidying up.

san once again chuckles "well.. remember that picnic we told you about?" she nods "we were planning on doing it tomorrow?"

"really?" this time, san nods. jiyeol and him exits the room, the latter giving the painting one last look before closing the door.

"seonghwa's leaving for a 3 days because he has a mission to do... and we thought that it would be the perfect time to hold the picnic before he leaves"

jiyeol slightly pouts as they spot the two boys gathered by the living room. jongho scoots over to give her some space, smiling brightly as he pats the area beside him.

"are you talking about the picnic?" yeosang inquires, to which the two nodded.

"so the general's going to join?"

jongho sighed beside her "we kinda had to convince him... for two days, but he eventually agreed since the rest of the boys would be coming here as well!"

jiyeol's ears perked up, a smile easily forming on her mouth "they're coming here?"

"they claim that they already missed you even though its only been less than a week since they've last seen you"

san shakes his head as jiyeol laughs "well then.. im very excited for tomorrow's picnic"

this is the shortest chapter i've written so far and i lowkey feel bad about it ;-;

please accept this gif as an apology ajkajkaja