Reunited In Time For War?

Clarke

Letting her hands fall from Anya, Clarke wiped her hands on her trousers and stood up. Lexa looked like she was just holding it together, Luna... she couldn't tell what was going on with Luna to be honest and it was her people's fault. Turning to face Arkadia, Clarke felt Lexa move to stand next to her.

"Stay here. I'll go and find out what happened."

Lexa turned Clarke to look at her. "No you are not. We will go together and determine what happened. I will not let you do this alone."

If they hadn't just seen their friend die, Clarke would have found the protectiveness cute, but right now it was annoying. "Lexa, one of two things just happened. One, a guard got spooked and shot at us without permission, making this an accident. Two, the guards now have permission to shoot all movement on sight. Either way, I am not letting you go in there. Not because I am scared for you, but because you are the Commander and without you the coalition falls."

Clarke watched as Lexa's face fell into one of understanding, she knew Clarke was right, she just didn't want to admit it. Green searched blue as Lexa looked for some form of a plan from Clarke, one she found as the bright ocean blues turned hard.

"Be careful and come back." Lexa leaned her forehead against Clarke's, both wanting nothing more than to close the gap but not knowing who was watching stopped them. Instead, Lexa used the close distance to slide her dagger into the sheath on Clarke's thigh. She may not have been able to come with her, but she could do her best to help Clarke protect herself.

"I can't promise anything more than I will do my best. Thank you." Her last sentence was barely a whisper, not even Luna heard it.

Standing straight, Clarke looked at the camp ahead of them. They hadn't quite reached the main path to the gates and from this angle, Clarke knew what to do and started walking in the tree line further from the main gate. She didn't have far to walk, she just hoped they didn't start shooting before she left cover.

Thankfully, no bullets rained before she stepped from the tree line, her destination in clear view. The guard stationed didn't know what to make of her as she came into view, no doubt thinking she was just another Grounder, so it came as no surprise when his gun pointed at her.

The walk from the treeline to the edge of camp was a long one considering and by the time she reached the fence three more guards had joined the first. Clarke raised her hands while they decided what to do.

"My name is Clarke Griffin and I'd like to speak to the Chancellor." She didn't mumble and stared at the first guard when he didn't radio her Mother immediately, waiting instead as another guard appeared with someone.

Through the fence, Clarke couldn't believe what she was seeing, Pike was walking towards her through the guards. Farm station survived? So many questioned raced through her head, none more important though as where was Abby?

"Clarke, it is lovely to see you are safe. Why don't we get you over to the main gate and we'll get you safe inside?" Concerned with just the right amount of charm that would have anyone thinking he actually cared, except Clarke.

Clarke lowered her hands, bringing attention to the dagger accidentally. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to drop the weapon on the floor." Following his command, Clarke slowly reached for the dagger and dropped it on the floor. "Do you have any other weapons on you?"

"No. I've come straight from Polis, where no weapons are allowed unless you are a member of the Commander's guard. Didn't think I would need a weapon since I travelled non-stop and was coming home." Lying was natural now, although it was a little worrying as to when that happened.