Take Off the Mask

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Fun fact:Captain Yami did throw me in the ocean. It was a pain to get back.

The day after we all left, Kiato smiled at me as we left. I really hope we saw him again. Charmy held the three prisoners with her top tier binding magic. I held two bouquets of flowers as we headed through Finral's portal. We stepped through and it was a relief being back at the base. The pendant was still safe.

Once I saw Gordon in the corner, I walked over and handed him the bouquet of flowers. He had a single tear drop before offering me another doll. I smiled and with a head pat left to find Henry. Once I dropped off the flowers, I headed back downstairs and got grabbed by the back of the collar by Yami.

"Ghost Maid, we're going to hand in the report. Charmy's coming to give her the prisoners. Shrimp is as well since you both were there when he handed the mission."

"Ah alright."

Finral teleported us to the castle. The place is still as impressive as before. Finral took off to go find some ladies while I followed Yami inside. I was carrying Charmy since she was tired. Yami said she was just lazy but I couldn't resist her cute face. We headed all the way into Julius's office.

The light filtered into the room, portraying the Magic Emperor in a certain elegant light. Yami explained the whole situation about the third eye and how Julius would have to autopsy that. Julius praised us since we didn't lose a single member. Apparently, we lost a few Magic Knights from a fight at Raque.

"You really have become an outstanding Magic Knight Captain, Yami!"

"I'm 26, so you can stop doing that. It's embarrassing"

Julius apologised while laughing. Yami gave his really cool comment before squeezing Asta and my shoulders. It hurt! Charmy grumbled at Yami being mean to me.  She moved into my arms like a baby. How cute. He let go and went to the corner to the room to smoke as Charmy stuck her tongue out at him.

Yami gave her a look that was threatening with his dark aura. I turned Charmy away and glared at him over my shoulder. Charmy giggled at Yami being scolded by me. He put his thumb over his neck moving it in a straight line. Basically, he was out for her. I glared harder at him and cuddled her closer. She smiled and laughed which brightened my mood.

"Asta, you've added another peg to your achievements. You're one step closer to being the Magic Emperor. I'll continue expecting great things from you."

Asta blushed over the praise as I knudged his shoulder with mine. I gave him an encouraging smile. He suddenly started stuttering about something he wanted from Julius. I laughed when he said he wanted his autograph. Julius fell back because he expected something serious. Yami came over and tried to autograph his forehead because Asta should be nervous with Yami too.

"(M/N), I see you're still protecting the pendant. Congratulations, I hope you're one step closer to what you want to achieve."

"Indeed, I am!"

I smiled bashfully as Asta looked curious. Even Yami and Charmy did. They must want to know what my dream is. Julius came over and ruffled my hair before bending his knees to Charmy's height who was in my arms. She grabbed onto my arm tightly as he tried to pull her off. She pouted and demanded food. I laughed at that even if it hurt.

"By the way, who's this Yami? You're child?"

"Hell no" Yami stated

"(M/N)'s my mom. He feeds me" She said proudly.

"Oh, is this true?"

I agreed while Yami tried to disagree. Even Asta was shaking his head disagreeing. Suddenly, an intercom showed up. It projected an image of Marx. Three of the Eight Shining Generals had shown up attacking the border. They were the most powerful in the Diamond Kingdom. We could hear noise in the background as Yami demanded the answer.

"It's them again, the Golden Dawn"

Everyone watched as the enemies penetrated the barriers and attacked. I saw Yuno easily fighting one of the generals. Asta wanted to go too but Yami rejected it because of the state of his arms. Charmy jumped down from my arms and took on a more serious form. She said that since she's a higher ranked officer she'll protect him.

"I'll go too Captain"

I stepped in for Asta too. Yami tried to reject because I still had a hole in right below my ribs. He gave in, calling us fools as he brought Finral back. I managed to locate Finral quickly with mana sensing before we forced him to take us there. I wondered what Yami talked about in the office with Julius after we fetched him first.

Finral teleported us to one of the walls and we saw a massive tree there. Yami took off towards the top of the trees while we would help the civilians without dying. I healed any injured Magic Knights and civilians with ease despite the pain I was feeling. I decided to head over to Yuno to say my greetings.

"Hello, Yuno looks like you can use the spirit now!"

"Ah (M/N), it looks like you got stronger too."

Yuno's bright smile made me smile subconsciously. It was just too bright. I ran up to him and gave him a hug as his spirit blushed in the background. She was so tiny!

Asta, Yuno and I chatted while the spirit and Charmy fought in the background. My hand interlaced with Yuno's just like we usually would. Quickly, I got back into my serious mode and climbed up the tree with my vines helping. I would scout the area from up there.

Reaching the top, I saw Yami just cut the man I saw in the dungeon. The smoky one. He started retreating until my vines grabbed onto his weird flying cart. The man looked distraught when he realised it was me. I turned to Yami and William.

"So do we want them or not?"

"Nah, throw them real far Ghost Maid"

"That would be kind of you (M/N)" William said politely.

My vines swung back before hurling the cart away with them inside. It looked funny to see. Yami let out a chuckle at the sight and even William laughed lightly. I stared down at the battlefield and saw Asta fighting with a sword in his mouth alongside Yuno. Charmy and Finral were great aid too. I had a content smile as I watched them. I listened in with curiosity at Yami and William's conversation.

"I'm the type of guy that trust his gut over anything. Vengeance, do you mind taking that mask off?"

A/N: I hope I'm doing a good job at portraying everyone correctly. Thank you for reading and commenting. Have a nice day every one

 Have a nice day every one